How do I? Search for all Threads created by a member?

Erin Burke

KnifeMaker...ish
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but I was unable to find an answer to this via the search window.

In the old forum software, I was able to easily search for all Threads created by a specific Member.
In the new system, it's still quite easy to use the search function to find all Posts by a specific Member... but I haven't been able to find a way to narrow things down to only those threads created by that member. I would expect to find this functionality under the "Search Threads and Posts" tab of the Advanced Search page, but cannot find it there. Am I missing something?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Erin

I just looked at your profile and I think I found it. Go to the persons profile. Under profile posts click postings. Then scroll down past the persons posts and below that it says find all threads by( the persons name.)

I just looked at your profile and I think I found it. Go to the persons profile. Under profile posts click postings. Then scroll down past the persons posts and below that it says find all threads by( the persons name.)

Boom... looks like you nailed it. It doesn't give me quite the flexibility to filter the results by sub-forum like the old system would... but this is very helpful.
Thanks Brian

Go to the specific subforum, hit the search box at the top of the page...click search titles only, leave the keyword field blank, add the username in the posted by member box, then click Search.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I think I must be missing something as the process you describe didn't work return the results that I was shooting for.

I've posted fairly frequently in Shop Talk over the years... so I did a test on myself where I:
  • Went into the Shop Talk sub-forum.
  • In the search window I (from top to bottom)
    • Left the keyword field blank
    • Checked the Search titles only box
    • Entered my name "Erin Burke" in the Posted by Member field
    • Verified that Search this forum only box was checked
    • Clicked Search
While the results do include threads that I created, they also include all of the threads/posts in which I was only a participant.
Please feel free to let me know if I am misunderstanding your suggestion.
Thanks. Erin

Thanks for the recommendation, but I think I must be missing something as the process you describe didn't work return the results that I was shooting for.

I've posted fairly frequently in Shop Talk over the years... so I did a test on myself where I:
  • Went into the Shop Talk sub-forum.
  • In the search window I (from top to bottom)
    • Left the keyword field blank
    • Checked the Search titles only box
    • Entered my name "Erin Burke" in the Posted by Member field
    • Verified that Search this forum only box was checked
    • Clicked Search
While the results do include threads that I created, they also include all of the threads/posts in which I was only a participant.
Please feel free to let me know if I am misunderstanding your suggestion.
Thanks. Erin
You are looking for threads created by you in Shop Talk?
If you go to your profile, under the "Post Areas" tab, you can click on either threads or posts listed by subforum.

You are looking for threads created by you in Shop Talk?
If you go to your profile, under the "Post Areas" tab, you can click on either threads or posts listed by subforum.

I used myself as an example... but your method works for others as well. Thanks man. :thumbsup:

Back