Searching for useful edibles with my TTSK !

Took my pooches for a quick hike today and came across a few useful plants....

This one is Vanilla leaf, so called because when the leaves dry out they smell of vanilla, rub the leaves over your exposed flesh and they will keep Mosquito's away.Hell even stick some in your hat, pockets or top of your hiking socks, it all helps !!!!

P5250006.jpg

Next up is one of my favourite wild edibles, impossible to mistake and pretty tasty as well, Miners Lettuce....just grab a handfull and get munchin......

P5250008.jpg

Stopping to take in the views.....

P5250004.jpg

Maisy loves it up here......

P5250005.jpg

And finally I believe these to be larged leaved Avens ( Maybe Doc could help me out ) if they are then they are a very useful plant medicinally.
A poultice of the mashed leaves can be applied to cuts.A poultice of boiled leaves can be applied to bruises.A decoction of the root can be taken for stomach pain.The entire plant can be eaten for stomach pain or excess acid !

P5250003.jpg

Maisy looks like the lookout on top of the rock! Have you tried doing any digging with your TTSK yet? I was wondering how that wide blade would work at that.

Maisy looks like the lookout on top of the rock! Have you tried doing any digging with your TTSK yet? I was wondering how that wide blade would work at that.

I'm sure it would work just fine John but it's too pretty to do that with, LOL ! I have used it to make digging sticks though and gathered a few bulbs that way !
I'm finding it hard to use my other knives now as the TTSK just feels so much better in the hand, it seems a lot of knife in a smallish package which is what I had hoped it would be. You nailed the sheath as well as it rides perfect on my belt,it's even comfy when sitting as it remains clear of the seat !;):thumbup:

Back