Seasonal builders??

I have decided to really slow up here lately on building knives.
Not because the love is not there, but because fishing season has arrived and with that comes more outdoor activities.

I don't want to burn out so I'm going to keep this as my hobby during the winter months.
And maybe work on one or two during the summer slowly.
I have been contacted by followers of mine and I tell them I don't want to burn out so I'm taking a break over the summer.

Are there others here that do the same?
Build seasonally ?

Thanks,
Manny

Ive found that for me, being recently married and having a 3 year old, it is necessary to take extended time off. I am planning to finish as many orders as I can by june and then resume end of august. I also pretty much stop working for a month or so around christmas. I wish I could do this with my full time job also!

I work forestry and guiding in the spring, summer and fall, so my main knife making season is winter.
Nice to not have to run off to work somewhere else at 30 below:D Just put another log on the fire and sit beside it hand sanding a blade or something.

Darcy

I work on knives when I feel like it (and health allows me to)
Sometimes it is several afternoons / evenings in a week, sometimes there are a few months in between shop sessions

Back