Seb Value

On 7/11 I purchased my first Sebenza. I now have five. Thought I was done but saw a Damascus rain drop gold Panda inlay for $825.00
At first I thought paying $300.00 for a folder was dumb. $825.00 seems way over the edge dumb.I do however kinda have the Sebenza bug but am sitting on the fence with this one. I want it but $825.00?
Anybody have any thoughts on the price?
I value your insights and they will be the determining factor in the purchase.
Unless my wife reads this first. In which case the $825.00 will be used for a psychiatric evaluation
and this post will be a moot point.

Whew, that's a hunk of cash, but you know we all want you to buy it so you can post a pic to drool over. You'll be whispered of in hushed tones as the guy with THAT Sebenza (you know, the $825 one). We'll refer to you in our private conversations as if we know you, and infer that we are closely associated, so others will be jealous. We will secretly (ok, openly, too) envy you that beautiful knife. You will be a LEGEND!!!

Originally posted by JEFFREY
Unless my wife reads this first. In which case the $825.00 will be used for a psychiatric evaluation
and this post will be a moot point.
Or funeral expenses:D:D

Jeffery,
If you can afford it go for it. Then when your wife 'finds' it send it to me and I will keep it 'safe' for you for a while....;) :D

No thanks necessary, I'll be glad to do it.:) :D

I know what you mean about the 'Sebbie Bug'. It seems there is no quick cure............:confused: :eek: :( :D

I own one.

I like it.

It's a bunch of money

You can't take it with you.

- - - End of story!

When I get my hands on $825 of "free spending money", I plan on getting the Gold Coin Panda.

" YOU WILL BE A LEGEND "
Good enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pic of knife is at "KnifeArt.com"
with a SOLD sign on it.
YES
I am a Legend!!!!!!!!
I'd like to thank all the little people that made
this possible. The director, screen writers,waterboy and of course my Mom and Dad
without which this tribute of ( LEGEND) would not of been bestowed. I'd also like to thank
TODO and Dorothy who have inspirered me to go for my dreams. ( slight tear running down left cheek)
And least I forget Allen Greenspan who lowered the prime lending rate to allow me to refinance my house for above said purchase.

Thats CHEAP! The ones I have seen were $995!

Lucky old you, I saw the handle work for this knife a fair while ago and was amazed at the work. Heck if I had the cash I would pay that for one! Now don't you dare forget to post some pics very soon! ;)

The Gold Coin Sebies are an example where the sum is greater than the parts. Of the knives in my collection, it is this very series that are looked upon with the highest level of appreciation among members of the fairer sex! Of course, I wouldn't expect much appreciation for the more tactical-oriented blades I have which are looked upon with indifference, disdain, or even fear! But I am also fortunate to own an assortment of beautiful handmade knives that, while appreciated, just don't bring out the expressions of approval that the Gold Coin Sebenzas seem to elicit.
This year's Chinese Panda has earned the highest FAF-rating (female approval factor) to date! Web-photos don't do justice to the colors of the annodizing in the bamboo, leaves, Chinese characters that spell "2001", CR-logo, and the annular ring around the coin itself. This year's Panda is the first year that the coin has been produced without a bordering rim, which makes for a very elegant transition to the annodized ring. An outstanding package! Somehow I doubt that those who are fortunate enough to own one feel that this knife is too expensive, given its beauty, rarity, and outstanding execution.

Beautiful Knife Jeffrey!!! :eek:

Sure would be nice to see that puppy!!!. Hmm.... Got my new Wood Inlayed back from a buddy in FL. Sounds like we need to have a show and tell..

Drop me a line!! ;)

You were awfully easy to convince. Are you sure you hadn't already decided to buy that thing?? I mean...this thing:
knifeart_1661_14951010

Oooh, aahhh:eek:

I can't believe he bought the whole "you'll be a legend" thing. What a... Just kidding. I'm jealous is all. Beautiful piece.

-Al-

OK Jeffrey... you are now a legend. The next question is what exactly do you plan to do with that amazing knife? Use it, keep it hidden in a drawer, display it? Just curious as to what someone actually does with $800 gem like that one.

Hope you enjoy it -- Very nice. I am just trying to get up the guts to buy a small wood inlay. So you have my vote in the legend category.

JT

Actually,I'm not quite sure what to do with it.I have a Lg & Sm Classic that I use for EDC. I think It's something I'll just drag out to show anyone that may be interested. Maybe I'm a puss and I should use it, but I'm not rich and If I screwed it up I'd be pissed off. I'll carry it from time to time.

Jeffrey,

One important point that alot of people don't think about. Make sure that your insurance will cover your knife collection. If you have a ton of high end sebbies or whatever else, I would make sure that they will be covered.

I just started thinking about that myself. :rolleyes:

It is a good idea to check and to what $ level. :)

Good day

Anyone who has a Gold coin Sebenza, at any price, should cherish it and lock it up somewhere nice and safe.

CRK is sold out on the upcoming series' (limited to 20 pcs per run) through 2003.

Take care,

Neil

The people who purchased the latest round of GCS's have the right of first refusal on next year’s model. If any of them pass the next person on the waiting list that takes it will then pick up the ROFR for the knife the next year. In effect, the series is sold out in perpetuity, and the only way to get one from CRK is to get on the list and wait.

Some people/vendors who "own" the ROFR from CRK for these knives turn around and sell their knives on the secondary market but keep their ROFR intact with CRK. Jay and Karen Sadow from AZCK, for example, own several serial numbers, but they then extend their own offer of ROFR for the next year's edition to whomever purchases one of them. The result is a two-tiered ROFR system. Interesting. I wonder if there are any 3-tier GC Sebbies out there!!! :D

Wow Jeffrey, you are taking great strides!
I owned one decorated and sold that, sometimes wish I'd have kept it but I'm pretty happy with the wood inlays as well!

Legend, hmm I'd think so as well.

A friend once told me that he didn't want to die with a million dollars but with a million dollars worth of stuff...enjoy it!

ahh it's good to be home, first morning back in the States, Holland was nice the people there were great but home is always welcome!

Met Bagheera, Piet, had dinner and talked till Midnight, a good time.

G2

Owen, thanks for the picture. That is one beautiful knife......:eek:

JEFFERY..... if you use that knife in ANY way such as to 'mess it up' you need you head examined IMHO. ;) :)

Seriously JEFFERY, that is a beauty. You did good, REAL GOOD !! :)

Sincerely,

Back