Sebenza 21 w. Thuya inlays & Chad Nichols raindrop

One of my latest acquisitions. A large 21 w. Thuya inlays and new Chad Nichols raindrop.

We've heard that CRK is not taking orders for Thuya Sebenza/Mnandi at the moment and they also seem to be taken off their website. Whether this is temporarly or whether Thuya will be discontinued and if discontinued, which wood inlay would replace it, nothing has been spoken officially yet. Anyway. I am glad that I pulled the trigger 2, 3 months ago, not forseeing this situation.

This summer they switched the supplier for raindrop damascus from Devin Thomas to Chad Nichols and I am happy they did! It was somewhere in 2012/2013, the pattern of the Devin Thomas raindrop was changed (according to Devin upon request of CRK). Since then many of us are struggling with the current raindrop and wished that the old style raindrop would come back. Well. Wouldn't go that far saying that there is a god up there listening to us CRK fans :) But somehow somebody was listening and made this change to Chad Nichols raindrop and I do appreciate this decision. Ladder and basket weave will continue to be supplied by Devin Thomas. At least to my knowledge.

Recently we have seen Tim playing around with a Damasteel blade. I am very happy to see that they seem to investigate their damascus blade offerings. I have quite a number of Sebenza with their current offerings of raindrop, ladder and basket weave. But to be honest, this trio has been there for many years and there have been a number of fantastic damascus patterns introduced to the market since then. Particularly by Damasteel. I think it is a good moment to freshen up CRKs damascus offerings a bit and therefore I am exited to see what comes up next.

Here we go with pics.

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 01

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 02

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 03

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 04

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 05

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 06

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 07

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 08

One of my latest acquisitions. A large 21 w. Thuya inlays and new Chad Nichols raindrop.

We've heard that CRK is not taking orders for Thuya Sebenza/Mnandi at the moment and they also seem to be taken off their website. Whether this is temporarly or whether Thuya will be discontinued and if discontinued, which wood inlay would replace it, nothing has been spoken officially yet. Anyway. I am glad that I pulled the trigger 2, 3 months ago, not forseeing this situation.

This summer they switched the supplier for raindrop damascus from Devin Thomas to Chad Nichols and I am happy they did! It was somewhere in 2012/2013, the pattern of the Devin Thomas raindrop was changed (according to Devin upon request of CRK). Since then many of us are struggling with the current raindrop and wished that the old style raindrop would come back. Well. Wouldn't go that far saying that there is a god up there listening to us CRK fans :) But somehow somebody was listening and made this change to Chad Nichols raindrop and I do appreciate this decision. Ladder and basket weave will continue to be supplied by Devin Thomas. At least to my knowledge.

Recently we have seen Tim playing around with a Damasteel blade. I am very happy to see that they seem to investigate their damascus blade offerings. I have quite a number of Sebenza with their current offerings of raindrop, ladder and basket weave. But to be honest, this trio has been there for many years and there have been a number of fantastic damascus patterns introduced to the market since then. Particularly by Damasteel. I think it is a good moment to freshen up CRKs damascus offerings a bit and therefore I am exited to see what comes up next.

Here we go with pics.

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 01

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 02

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 03

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 04

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 05

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 06

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 07

21, Thuya, Nichols Raindrop, 08

A stunning example!

Very nice James !!!!!!!

I'm glad CRK didn't forget the one I ordered back at Blade 2016. I like the Thuya inlays. I just think it's classy looking. Not that any of their other inlays are lacking, I like the Thuya the best.

Back