Sebenza 31 orders

u812

Gold Member
Anyone else still waiting on an order from the shop from last June. Call couple months ago and they could give me a time line.

Anyone else still waiting on an order from the shop from last June. Call couple months ago and they could give me a time line.

This heavily depends on what you ordered. They do have a substantial backlog at the moment as a carryover from the 31 launch.

Large lunar landing

Ordered a Large Lunar Landing and it took 1 year to receive. Mine was a 21 though. Also had a Large Micarta Insingo. After a 1 year wait also, I cancelled when they called. Most times you can find them on a dealer site before CRK will call with one ready for ya. They even state this themselves.

I cancelled my 31 order because of the lock rock I felt on a sample. Wish I could help more.

Yep, I own a 31, no issues. Just another case of “somebody on the internet said something and now it’s perceived to be a serious widespread issue”.
Yep, I own a 31, no issues. Just another case of “somebody on the internet said something and now it’s perceived to be a serious widespread issue”.

CRK even said it’s there, but is “normal”. No Thanks. On a $5 Ozark Trail from Walmart, yes. On a $500 knife, you gotta be joking.

CRK even said it’s there, but is “normal”. No Thanks. On a $5 Ozark Trail from Walmart, yes. On a $500 knife, you gotta be joking.
Have you personally experienced a 31 with lock rock? If so, have you sent it in and asked them to fix it?
I actually own a 31 and it doesn’t have lock rock. I’m pleased with my purchase.

Have you personally experienced a 31 with lock rock? If so, have you sent it in and asked them to fix it?
I actually own a 31 and it doesn’t have lock rock. I’m pleased with my purchase.

This thread along with ceramic lock ball failure on other CRK’s I have owned will keep me from ever owning a 31. This thread definitely saved me $$. As much as I love the sebenza, my buying stopped with the 21. It’s also not an isolated incident as Many have had the same issues. No Thanks.

I think CRK said the lockup is not changing. Are you not a large CRK collector? I'm sure many would find it difficult to take advice from someone who compares CRK's quality standard with a "$5 Ozark Trail from Walmart." It just can't be taken seriously.

This thread along with ceramic lock ball failure on other CRK’s I have owned will keep me from ever owning a 31. This thread definitely saved me $$. As much as I love the sebenza, my buying stopped with the 21. It’s also not an isolated incident as Many have had the same issues. No Thanks.

This thread? Asking about 31 order timelines? This thread "saved [you] $$"? I find that also difficult to believe.

Apart from one fridge stabbing incident and your anecdotes I haven't heard any other concerns about the ceramic ball failures. Since it was introduced in 2008 with the Umnumzaan where is the proof if it was "not an isolated incident"?

It sounds like the answer is no, you haven't personally experienced any issues with the 31.

I am beyond pleased with mine as well.

20200403-093004-6001.jpg

Well that’s your decision. See, I took the chance and mine is perfect. I doubt CRK will have any issue selling the 31.

I think CRK said the lockup is not changing. Are you not a large CRK collector? I'm sure many would find it difficult to take advice from someone who compares CRK's quality standard with a "$5 Ozark Trail from Walmart." It just can't be taken seriously.

This thread? Asking about 31 order timelines? This thread "saved [you] $$"? I find that also difficult to believe.

Apart from one fridge stabbing incident and your anecdotes I haven't heard any other concerns about the ceramic ball failures. Since it was introduced in 2008 with the Umnumzaan where is the proof if it was "not an isolated incident"?

I have/have owned over 300 CRK so yes, I am obviously a novice collector.

This was an issue back in the day, hence the lockbar stop added. Have been buying CRK since the early 2000’s.

I have/have owned over 300 CRK so yes, I am obviously a novice collector.
So is it safe to say you take the supposed “lock rock” problem VERY seriously, despite never having bought a 31 yourself?
It is just my personal opinion, but if I owned over 300 CRK knives, I would consider myself an almost religiously devoted follower of the company. Why do you insist on continuing to get worked up over this, despite two people telling you they own multiple 31’s with no issue? You’d think you’d be the first in line to buy it and see for yourself, instead of relying on forum comments to guide you. In fact, you should be a leader.. venturing out into the great unknown to buy a 31 and see for yourself.

So is it safe to say you take the supposed “lock rock” problem VERY seriously, despite never having bought a 31 yourself?
It is just my personal opinion, but if I owned over 300 CRK knives, I would consider myself an almost religiously devoted follower of the company. Why do you insist on continuing to get worked up over this, despite two people telling you they own multiple 31’s with no issue? You’d think you’d be the first in line to buy it and see for yourself, instead of relying on forum comments to guide you. In fact, you should be a leader.. venturing out into the great unknown to buy a 31 and see for yourself.
Guess you missed my post about a ceramic ball lockup closing on my hand...! Was an OP zaan, which is different obviously. When I buy things, I always look at reviews. Ask my wife.... lol. Some you know are obviously full of shit, but others are genuine. I have received Many PM’s explaining the issues and videos showing such. That is definitely enough for me to Not buy any.

The lone ceramic ball lockup I have that hasn’t failed is a 25 sebenza. I no longer carry it though. Had 1 Inkosi, but sold it and didn’t carry it save for one weekend.

I am glad your not experiencing what many others have. I was Leary about the ceramic lockup when it was introduced, after hearing about the issues, that sealed the deal to not purchase. Shame as the one piece inlays look nice.

There are lots of 21’s and older out there, so will just regulate to them is all. CRK could care less who buys and who doesn’t, believe me.

Back