Sebenza belt sheath

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the Sebenza belt sheath for their every day Sebenza carry? I've gotten tired of fighting the knife everytime I want to get to something else in my pocket, so I thought I would give it a try. So far it's been pretty comfortable and out of the way, welcoming anyone else's thoughts.

I purchased one shortly after buying my knife. I purchased the large Sebenza so the CR sheath comes in rather handy. Even if I get a small Sebenza later I will probably still use the sheath.

For most knives 8 inches and above. I almost always buy or have a sheath made. And I use it all the time on the job. I really like having the pocket room at work.
At home or sometimes when I am out I pocket carry for easy access or to wave my knife if needed. Sheath carry is awesome.
I may use it 50% of the time and that is enough for me to have a sheath.

Edit 6/2018.

I prefer pocket carry. Rarely use sheaths these days.

Last edited:
I tried belt carry but never got used to it...so it's pocket only now!

I got the tan one almost a year ago, and have worn it almost daily since (think I got it in Feb last year).

It has worn very well and has even developed a nice patina. The snap is pretty sturdy, but I have snagged it open on stuff. The extra pocket room is well worth it to me tho, I'm glad I have it for sure.

I'd like to have a decent cordura/nylon sheath for Sebenza like they used to make for early Sebenzas. Belt carry is very practical in some situations but I don't like leather sheaths very much...

I'd like to have a decent cordura/nylon sheath for Sebenza like they used to make for early Sebenzas. Belt carry is very practical in some situations but I don't like leather sheaths very much...

Try the Benchmade Large Nylon belt sheath for folders...cheap enough...and they can go vertical or horizontal...i use them for large Sebenzas and Umnumzaans...

Thanks, I'll try it. I should have a Benchmade sheath lying around somewhere...

I have used the Gfeller sheath, but personally like a wet-formed sheath, no snapping open and close, and sit nice and tight on a belt, feel more comfortable.

I belt sheath carry this 25 5 to 6 days a week, wouldn't have it any other way...plus my pockets are very rarely unoccupied...no room to dedicate a pocket to a knife.

Got this one from Mark Condos "knifeleather" from the forums, he does great work.

I like the looks of the CR sheath. On the one hand it is nice that it fits both small and large. On the other hand, what bothers me is the the 2nd snap shows when you carry a large sebenza. Given how precisely the knives are made I would have thought Chris would have made dedicated sheaths for small and large.

I will probably get one anyway as it looks great for horizontal carry.

I feel you.
I never use pocket clips so the sheath is something that always goes along with the knife sickness.
I only edc 3" folders being my small insingo one of the most carried.
For a while i carried it in the pocket in a leather sheath but later evolved to carrying it on the belt.
In the vertical position it always bothered me specially when driving so i opted for horizontal carry.
At first i thought about having someone making me a custom leather one but as beautiful as it looks they don't quite do it for me.
Most leave the butt of the knife sticking out wich even the most untrained eye can see it's a knife.
For many here that's not a concern but for me it kinda is :)

oh, by the way, can anyone explain why custom leather sheath makers mold it with the knife in still with the clip ???
I mean, if you already have the sheath why keeping the clip?:rolleyes:

Also, when they do hide the knife it's always with a flap with some snap on metal button.
I'm sure they keep an eye on this but doesn't it presses the knife when closing and potentially mark/scratch it?

Well, to prevent all of this i decided to make my own adjustments and go the practical/cheaper route.
I modded a small Benchmade cordura sheath i had for a while by using super glue, two velcro strips and voilá!

fpuNHkd.jpg

fWZque8.jpg

b51PLXA.jpg

E1XU3PG.jpg

ZMto9Cu.jpg

Granted it's not the best job in the world but it works great!
The sheath is great in terms of quality and very durable.
I use mine for years everyday without any issues.
You don't feel the knife is on you and because it's made of cordura it adjusts to every knife in the size range.
If you carry the larger model buy the large benchmade sheath.
I know it's not a gentlemanie look but for work it's awesome.
Also, because of the velcro you can thighten it no matter the thickness of the knife and can put on and off without needing to take off the belt.

Aaaaand if you want to go a little crazy you can always add the allen key for maintenance :D

hx6IMvE.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody think I should remove the pocket clip, I've been leaving it on and carrying my 25 in the sheath

I remove them from small Benchmades I carry only in pocket. On my small Sebenza I still have it on. It helps the grip when opening and doesn't seem to affect the feel in hand.

You can always put it back on if you don't like the feel.

I have used the Gfeller sheath, but personally like a wet-formed sheath, no snapping open and close, and sit nice and tight on a belt, feel more comfortable.

I belt sheath carry this 25 5 to 6 days a week, wouldn't have it any other way...plus my pockets are very rarely unoccupied...no room to dedicate a pocket to a knife.

Got this one from Mark Condos "knifeleather" from the forums, he does great work.

How do I get a hold of Mr. Connors for a sheath?

Usually if I carry a large CRK it’s in the sheath, though sometimes I carry my Sebenza 25 or large Inkosi in a pocket. I always have my small Inkosi in this little nylon sheath.
i.ashx

i.ashx

Sometimes an OP Umnumzaan rides in this custom sheath.
i.ashx

i.ashx

i.ashx

i.ashx

I havent built a sheath for a CRK but will see how one turns out.

Back