Sebenza customization process?

What has now moved dramatically up my "to buy" list is a customized-graphic, "meaningful to me for personal reasons", large Sebenza w/Damascus blade. I have a couple alternate ideas, both of which I think they could pull off within their parameters, based on other designs I've seen, but obviously, I need to confirm that w/them.

Can anyone take me through how the process works, in terms of:

-Whether a better idea to call, fax, e-mail?
-If I need to talk to a specific person?
-Price arrangements, i.e., 1/3 to place order and reserve a "spot in line," 1/3 at beginning of production, and 1/3 on ship; payment in full at time you place order; etc.?

Thanks, all.

I imagine a phone call to CRK would revela all you seek to know.

I'm sure you're right.

My idea simply was to get some info. to streamline the contact. Many businesses aren't as thrilled as they should be to have you call, even if it's about doing business w/them, i.e., giving them your money. Some places prefer one type of contact over another, regardless of what their website says, and others will have you lost if you don't ask to talk to and/or send your e-mail or fax to the one person you need to.

I'm assuming from the way ya'll talk, CRK's not at all like that. I'll be calling them, and still, if I learn anything, I'll post it up here in case it helps anybody.

Last edited:
I'm sure you're right.

My idea simply was to get some info. to streamline the contact. Many businesses aren't as thrilled as they should be to have you call, even if it's about doing business w/them, i.e., giving them your money. Some places prefer one type of contact over another, regardless of what their website says, and others will have you lost if you don't ask to talk to and/or send your e-mail or fax to the one person you need to.

I'm assuming from the way ya'll talk, CRK's not at all like that. I'll be calling them, and still, if I learn anything, I'll post it up here in case it helps anybody.

CRK is one of the easiest companies to talk to. Just give Heather a call, or shoot her an email; she'll tell you everything you need to know.

I agree, Heather is awesome to deal with. I talked with her no less than 4 times when I was customizing mine. She was awesome to deal with. At no time did I feel rushed with her and she even stayed on the phone talking with me about future ideas I had for some sebenzas. Give CRK a call and they'll take care of you.

Call the shop. Talk to Heather. All will be well. Best service on the planet - well, in knifeland anyway.

Thanks, all. I did call Heather, and indeed, all is well in knifeland. She swears you can call Charmaine, too, who's just as nice as she is.

Seriously, though, I'd love to have Heather as a legal secretary. Very nice lady, but professional, too, and knows her stuff. She'd do well in the legal profession, as she was careful to tell me first that a double-sided gold thumb stud wouldn't be, ahem, "real gold." Ya'll know what that means, dontcha? Sometime, some doofus actually thought . . . good grief. She was crystal clear in what she said, and left no room for misunderstanding.

They're gonna fix me up; price was, IMO, very reasonable for the customization I wanted (apparently some folks have griped in the past, not understanding that they'd have to take someone away from their normal job to work just on YOUR CUSTOM ORDER). Pay for the bench time involved in the customization over and above what else would normally be involved in the type of knife you want, up front, then pay for the rest at the time of shipping.

I am now doubly condemned to spend most of my disposable income (and maybe some that isn't) at CRK. Once I decide I like not only the product, but also the company and people who work there, I'm officially in "commercial love", meaning I can't help but give that company a lot of my money.

Now I've put off a custom 1911, so I can spend more money on CRKs instead. I'm sick, I tell you, sick, and the only cure for my disease is another Sebenza.

Back