Sebenza Identification

Hello All,

This is my first post here. I have just awaken to the world of Chris Reeve and the Sebenza knife. It appears he has a cult like following.
I just purchased my first Sebenza which is a Large Unique Classic.
I've researched Youtube and this forum for the answer to my question but don't have an answer yet.
My questions is..............Is this knife called anything special other what I have stated above?
I've heard other Unique Classics called a 'Seaweed' or 'Stars' which has something to do with the graphic pattern on the knife.
From what I gather...........These are computer generated random graphic patterns that are unique to each blade.
Is that correct?
Is the pattern I have the only blade with that pattern on it?
I would post a pic but I don't know how to do it yet.
Thanks Guys

Welcome to the forum

Without a photo I can't say what you have. There are classic MM and 21 Sebenza's as well as Regulars and 25's, but I would guess you have a 21 or possibly a Classic MM. Classic MM have Classic MM engraved on the lock side bolster area. 21's may be blank or have Idaho Made in the same area. The Computer generated graphics such as the Star and Stripes are basic patterns and are not unique to each knife. There are also Unique graphics which are one of a kind deigns.

It does say 'Classis MM' on the back side.
I do have the box for it which states it's a "Large Sebenza Classis-Unique Graphic". The enclosed card states it has a S30V, 58-59RC blade.
I was just wondering if my design is unique to my blade only which would make it a 'one of a kind' blade.
Maybe that's why I haven't seen one like it on the internet pictures.

The answer is yes. It is unique to your knife. There may be similar patterns, but not exactly the same.
Sounds like a very nice knife-you will have to get some photo's up
I believe the tech may have some instructions as to how to post photo's and there was also a thread in Good Bad & Ugly forum about people not posting photo's in sales thread that contained good info on posting-I'll get you a link
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/whats-with-please-email-for-pictures.1539365/

Sweet, as Peter stated, a Unique Graphic is a one of a kind, there may have been others that are similar but has different aspects to it. It's also possible the same graphic was made in both a small and large. But, you won't see any others out there.
Not to be confused with a CGG(computer generated graphic), which several(many) are the same pattern. For instance, the "Glorious" is a CGG. The CGG's are changed on a regular basis and do become desirable after they're out of production.

Edit: The Unique Graphic is done by hand, there are a couple videos' showing how they are done. It's a neat process. So, even though the Morning Sun and Night Sky look the same, there are slight differences in them and they're Uniques.

Last edited:
I wish I knew how to post a pic of it.
Some forums have a tab that allows the poster to do that but I haven't found a way of do that here.
I'm not on any third party pic hosting site that I can use either.

When I fiqure it out, I'll post a pic.

When I first saw this knife for sale, I was struck by the beauty of it. The CNC art work is really cool and different. It reminds me of the plaques NASA attached to the Voyager space craft depicting aspects of the human race. The knives depicting stary sky designs really are cool.

Others use more sophisticated methods, but I just use the upload a file button and upload from my picture folder on my computer

I'm computer stupid.
I don't see a button that says 'Upload a file' anywhere on my screen.
Can you briefly explain the process?

I wish I knew how to post a pic of it.
Some forums have a tab that allows the poster to do that but I haven't found a way of do that here.
I'm not on any third party pic hosting site that I can use either.

When I fiqure it out, I'll post a pic.

When I first saw this knife for sale, I was struck by the beauty of it. The CNC art work is really cool and different. It reminds me of the plaques NASA attached to the Voyager space craft depicting aspects of the human race. The knives depicting stary sky designs really are cool.

Does Native American sound familiar? Kindof sounds like what you are describing

This one is a good suspense story. The hidden gem about to unravel before our eyes. Behold. Op you must figure this out at all cost.

This one is a good suspense story. The hidden gem about to unravel before our eyes. Behold. Op you must figure this out at all cost.

I promise you guys I'll get a pic up but it will have to wait until maybe Sunday or later. I'm headed out of town in the morning.
My knife has graphics kind of like the one Lone-Wolf has posted above that he is looking for but mine has no precious stones in it. My guess is that my blade has some name that relates to the stars, planets or meteor shower due to the graphics it has. Maybe that's just the way I envision the graphics.
The upper graphics are three gold colored trajectory arcs tracing across the handle length from left to right. They emanate from the upper left spacer screw (which has gold dots around the screw head) arcing down to the lower right. The upper and lower arcs have multiple gold dots along each arc path. This could be shooting stars?
The middle graphic is a single twisting CNC cut that is blue and red............ Looks like a ocean wave starting from the left side and terminating into a straight line on the right side of the handle?
The bottom graphics have ten blue dots along the lower length of the handle.......... Could be bubbles?

I promise you guys I'll get a pic up but it will have to wait until maybe Sunday or later. I'm headed out of town in the morning.
My knife has graphics kind of like the one Lone-Wolf has posted above that he is looking for but mine has no precious stones in it. My guess is that my blade has some name that relates to the stars, planets or meteor shower due to the graphics it has. Maybe that's just the way I envision the graphics.
The upper graphics are three gold colored trajectory arcs tracing across the handle length from left to right. They emanate from the upper left spacer screw (which has gold dots around the screw head) arcing down to the lower right. The upper and lower arcs have multiple gold dots along each arc path. This could be shooting stars?
The middle graphic is a single twisting CNC cut that is blue and red............ Looks like a ocean wave starting from the left side and terminating into a straight line on the right side of the handle?
The bottom graphics have ten blue dots along the lower length of the handle.......... Could be bubbles?

Do you mean this?

RegRightyTrapeze.jpg

Back