Sebenza Rust????

Has anyone experienced oxidation aka rust on the blade of their Sebenza.

I have not, though just about every other knife I haved carried has done so.

And I know, if I do experience rust, Tuff Cloth.

------------------
Marion David Poff aka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com If I fail to check back with this thread and you want some info, email me.

My site is at: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/1770 Including my review of the Kasper AFCK, thougths on the AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper.

I found some small rust spots on occasion around the thumb stud area of my old ATS-34 Sebenza. I haven't found any, given the same conditions, on my BG-42 model.

-Greg

I've had a Sebenza for 3 or 4 years and haven't had any problems with rust. I DO clean it regularly, so that may be why.

A note on Tuff Cloth...
I recently disassembled my Sebenza and treated all parts with Tuff Cloth. After I reassembled the knife, it felt "gummy". I thought I'd misaligned the 2 washers that the blade ride on, so I kept taking it apart and reassembling. The blade still felt the same.

A knowledgeable friend told me that TuffCloth CAN make a blade bind, so I removed the TuffCloth residue from all the parts and just hit them with BreakFree. I reassembled the knife and it's like new again.

I also find that Flitz does a much faster job of removing rust than TuffCloth.

------------------
That's my two cents. Hey! How come you're giving me change?

Back