Sebenza Variations

Could someone educate me on the diff. Sebenza's ? For example, LDC9, LDC109, #20(H). I know the basics, plain, decorated, wood inlay, damascus, but those others are unknown to me. Thankyou!

St. James or Anne Reeve could answer your question. Let me tell you what I know; LDC9 and LDC109 are large and small Sebenzas with some grooves on the grip and the blade has a slight false edge. Made for LDC (very well made!) and hard to find. I also have a Tanto bladed large Sebenza and an old style handle with a BG-42 blade (thanks James Mattis!) and your usual array of Sebenzas including the Zulu Trio (Umfaan, small and large) and my daily carry, a dual stud large (that I got from Ninjak, Thanks!) that is going to be engraved soon.

I believe the H you are referring to means that it was handmade. Some are also marked P which means they were production. They dropped the P because people were getting confused and believing that it meant prototype.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

LDC-9
LDC-109
The first handmade Sebenza's were numbered and marker with an H. I collect the #20, and have the LDC series with that number.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

[This message has been edited by stjames (edited 24 November 1999).]

The CRK Forum on KFC had a great thread with awesome pics of Ty Stratford's Gold Coin Sebenza. It may still be accessible. Also, Arizona Custom Knives had a special Damascus Trio done with ten sets, one set is left. I don't know of any other "special runs".

Back