Sebenzas 25 are comming

I had some back and forth emails with Heather from CRK and she confirmed that you can now pre-order the large Sebenza 25 from CRK. Also, the small Sebenza 25 (the one I am really interested in) is being designed and hopefully will be available to pre-order early next year. Small Sebenza 25 will be my first CRK when it comes out. If any of you have more info/updates on the new Sebenzas 25 please share with the rest of us.

Did she give you any pricing structure? Options? Guess I need to call Boise....

Preordered about a month ago. Was told it'd be around the same price range as the 21:thumbup:

Interesting that the small is so far away. I expected it a bit sooner. Guess I'll have to learn some patience :)

I was told 6 when I ordered mine, but then again I think it was right after Blade show. Maybe the wait has gone up b/c the list has grown, and it probably has grown alot :D

I want to see some production units and see the feedback on them first. Besides, I love the insingo. Will probably wait for an Insingo 25. That would be sweet :)

In the meantime, I'll "suffer" with my 21's ;)

I had some back and forth emails with Heather from CRK and she confirmed that you can now pre-order the large Sebenza 25 from CRK. Also, the small Sebenza 25 (the one I am really interested in) is being designed and hopefully will be available to pre-order early next year. Small Sebenza 25 will be my first CRK when it comes out. If any of you have more info/updates on the new Sebenzas 25 please share with the rest of us.

I’m sorry for the confusion. In my email to you I said we are not taking orders on the small Sebenza 25 because Chris hasn’t designed it yet. I suggested trying back in 6 months to see if anything had changed. As for the large Sebenza 25 we do not have a specific release date yet but are working to get it into production as soon as we can. Please contact me at crkinfo@chrisreeve.com if you have any more questions.
Thank you,
Heather
Chris Reeve Knives

I’m sorry for the confusion. In my email to you I said we are not taking orders on the small Sebenza 25 because Chris hasn’t designed it yet. I suggested trying back in 6 months to see if anything had changed. As for the large Sebenza 25 we do not have a specific release date yet but are working to get it into production as soon as we can. Please contact me at crkinfo@chrisreeve.com if you have any more questions.
Thank you,
Heather
Chris Reeve Knives

Thanks again Heather. Glad to see you on here. Will definitely check in with you in 6 month.
Regards,
Roman

Pardon the ignorance, but I'm pretty new to CRK's... What will the differences be between the Sebenza 21 and the Sebenza 25? Thanks for your help.

I pre ordered mine a while ago... I already have the cash set aside for it. I cant wait for this one...

I asked about them the other day. Seems like they are not taking orders yet for the lefty version. Bummer!

Pardon the ignorance, but I'm pretty new to CRK's... What will the differences be between the Sebenza 21 and the Sebenza 25? Thanks for your help.

From an initial look, it seems the handle has a couple of finger grooves and the handle has some more beveling. The Idaho Made stamp may have been flipped too. Anything else?

Also new grind on the blade, a new combo/ flat grind. I believe thicker blade stock and the pivot has been slightly revised. I believe more Umnum like. Anything else?

Somewhat of a read, but explains more:

"The "Regular Sebenza" has a more square handle and small ridges on the handle; the "Sebenza 25" has a more concave handle with finger ridges on the handle. Effective drop point blade shape with new razor sharp "Large Hollow Grinds", the first blade to feature this new grind that blends the best of hollow and flat grinds for the new sebenza 25. Shaped phosphor bronze washer on the lock side brings additional stability to that side of the blade. One-eighth inch ceramic ball acts as the interface between the lock bar and the blade, and doubles to drop into the detent, ensuring the blade stays in place when closed. Larger perforations in the washers reduce friction, store more lubricant and offer space for small dirt particles to move away from the blade/washer interface, helping to prevent blade action from becoming "sticky". 416 heat treated stainless steel stop pin is interface fit into the lock side of the handle. Asymmetrical pattern thumb serrations on a curved thumb ramp of the blade give excellent purchase. At 3.56mm the blade of the sebenza 25 is more robust than previous sebenza models." Found here.

Not sure how effectively different the grind is, though I'm sure somebody will point that out in a photo once they're delivered. Seems like some minor tweaks here and there that should build on an already great knife. The finger ridges are a nice plus in my book.

Last edited:
I think the 25 is gonna be the one for me. I like the finger grooves. Just adds that little bit of extra visual 'something' to it.

Back