Sebenzas, Digi Camera, & PC for Xmas

Hi Folks,

Got a new PC, digital camera, and a sweet pair of Sebenzas for Christmas, here's the 1st result -wanted to share
smile.gif

Look Here

Happy New Year everyone!!
biggrin.gif

Nick

[This message has been edited by chetchat (edited 30 December 1999).]

Hmmm, someone was a good boy this year
smile.gif

Nice pic, I like the damascus work. Have a happy new year!

------------------
-Humpty

AKTI Member # A000984
Proverbs 23:2

Nice looking knives!

What type of steel is used in the damascus of Chris Reeve knives? Is it a stainless damascus?

G2

Got me wanting an inlaid Sebenza now, saw them at the Blade show and loved the feel of them!

------------------
"There are no dangerous weapons;
there are only dangerous men."
.......... Robert A. Heinlein, 1959

G2 Leatherworks

Those are BEEEutiful, Nick!

When can we expect your report on the destructive testing?

rk

------------------
As for me and my house...

Joshua 24:15

I've got a digital camera... and I'm not a big fan of PCs... but I'd almost trade my Mac for that pair of knives!!!

Congratulations!!!

Michael

Nick,

Beautiful knives!

Two Questions:
1) What kind of Damascus was used?
2) How do you like the bronze Damascus? (I can't tell if it's more brown or metallic.)

------------------
David

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
Eden Philpots

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the nice posts - wish I had more to do with these two knives other than owning them, but that'll do
smile.gif

The Damascus used in these two is by Devin Thomas.

Gary, I know little about different steel and Damascus, but I believe it is stainless.

The inlaid Sebenza is a kind of gold/bronze Damascus, really pretty stunning. I mean, both of the blades are, but there is a warmth the wood brings to the steel - visually impressive.
smile.gif

RKellog - the destructive testing is gonna take a different bent with these two. Most testing involves violent acts and heavy pressure applied. This time I'm gonna judge the long term effects of TLC combined with occasional forays into the real world to be admired. See me in 20-30 years for an update
biggrin.gif

These two are my first Sebenzas, now I gotta get one for daily carry. Very, very knice knives
smile.gif

Nick

I have avoided the forums since xmas--because of lucky SOBs such as yourself rubbing our unlucky noses in ...!! Anyway, awesome pair ya got (somehow that doesn't sound right, LOL)!! Damascus blades rule.

jc

Nick, very nice folders indeed! Specially the damascus fly Sebenza. Both the blades seem a bit dark - are they really so dark in real life or do they just look like it in the image?
What comes to the damascus blades, I don't think they are stainless. CRK uses the 'normal' damascus. I think it's much better looking than the stainless damascus. There have been some requests for stainless damascus, but I don't think they have done any yet.

Hugo.

Hi Hugo,

My picture taking skills are poor, at best
smile.gif
The blades are not "bright", per se, but are distinctly lighter than the pic shows. I'll try to get a better one this week.

I'm surprised there's not more "color" damascus knives - these two colors add a LOT to the appearance without being gaudy.

Nick

Back