Sellin out.... !

Yes, one of these days I plan to sell out..all of them.....knives of all kinds and colors, sizes and shapes.

Not right this minute though..........but I did sneak and sell a couple "off" brands :rolleyes: last week to some pals, just to start the "thinning" proccess. :p

I had nervous jerks most of the evening afterwards, but I made it through.

The "off" brands were BMs..........yes, 2 numbered and NIB BMs........one Switchback, perfect and flawless.. $85..........gone, and one Osborne, black blade plain edge, green handles, NIB, perfect too, for $80.........I'm think I'm over it. :rolleyes:

No, this is not a sales add, maybe a plea for help..........:(

I wish I had only a hand full left, then I might enjoy each one, as it is I rarely use any except my SOG Revolvers and a few select SOGs.

This feeling has come over me recently.........I am not depressed at all, I just feel almost burned out on collecting so many.

Any advice ?

Robbie Roberson ;)

Good luck Robbie!! I sold or gave away most of my computers last summer. Had one then, now I have 3 again. Feels much better. Hopefully your erge to sell off knives will end soon. :p

Actually I've thought about selling all the ones I don't use very often. All of mine are users, have been loved and sharpened and polished and fondled and used more and sharpened.. So who would want them now but me? LOL!! One of these days I'm going to display them... I keep thinking that and it helps. ;)

Heber

Robbie I know the feeling. When I became a knife dealer 9 years ago being new to the business I thought it was great being able to get knives wholesale. I went nuts ordering knives for myself and ended up getting in debt over it. I got to the point where I thought this is nuts and a few years ago sold off a couple of hundred knives I had. I still have alot but now unless it's a folder I end up making a fixed blade if I get the need for one.:D I think we go though phases in collecting. And to think I still have over 50 Buck 110"s.:eek:
Scott

Robbie,

I'm not your pal ???? :confused: :confused:

cheers,

Carl

p.s. advice ?? 1) package up all the Randalls; 2) mail them to me; 3) we'll sort out the details later.

p.p.s more advice ?? 1) package up all the SOG's; 2) mail them to me; 3) we'll sort out the details later.

Carl, I'm closer, I get dibs on blades first. ;) Robbie, my address is good for a few more weeks. Send them there.

Heber

P.S. Now I'm off to sleep. Got to get up for work at 5:30am. :yawn:

Wildmanh, it took me 25 years to realize I can't use them all.........:confused:

Scott, I was hoping you could give me some advice, I remembered you saying you had lots of 110s. The fact that you have about 50 -110s does not help much...........:eek: :D ;)

Sounds like you might have more than me.......... :rolleyes: :D

New Pig Hunter, yes you are my pal very much so....... (Actually I don't own a Randall) :rolleyes: I'll put you at the top of my list.........we'll handle the details later..........:rolleyes:

I know........I might just make a buried time capsule with my knives.......this way many years from now someone else can worry about it. ;)

Robbie Roberson ;)

Robbie, Robbie, what are you going to do with you? he he he.

Actually I only regularly use 3 folders and maybe 4 Fixed blades, but I just can't bare to part with the others. Some get used once in a while and others were retired from active service but still......

Good luck liquidating the ones you want/need to part with. Let me know if I can help.

Heber

Now I really am going to try to hit the sack. LOL!!

Robbie Robbie Robbie...:rolleyes:

Don't fret over selling them - GIVE them to me, and I will hold onto them for you until you regain(?) your ... senses... to keep them fom getting rusty I'll use them for you too.

Remember me??? Your pal???

Start with the William Henry and Chris Reeves, just to see how it goes:cool: :thumbup: :D ; if you do OK with those, we'll work on some more...

Your pal,
Rob:D :D :D

Selling ALL of them?!?!? Well... it doesn't look like it should be to hard to get rid of them... considering all of the kind people on this forum who are so anxious to "help" you.... :rolleyes: :p :D

You guys are too much !! :D

I knew I could count on my old pal Bobby B for some good sound advice. Just be watching for the mail person Rob,........you may want to take a comfy chair and coat. :rolleyes: (would you use that T-12 damascus ?)

Socintel, aren't they so nice, there's always a couple of people here I can always count on. :rolleyes:

Robbie Roberson ;)

those randall knives makes me drool , however i`ve looked at them on american ebay and they`re a bit out of my price range. once i have a full time job i iwll start buying knives again.

uh, Robbie, since I was FIRST IN LINE with my explicit "send 'em to me" ... which implies "give 'em to me" ....

well, maybe I'll share one or two with BobbyB..... I do owe him.

Cheers,

Carl

I just sent this wessage in an email to another poster and then read your intial post and realized the relavence.

Let me tell you where I have moved to now in knife collecting. In the eighties I was buying all the new production models that came out like new SOG’s, Gerbers, Al Mar’s and Cold Steel models and a few others until a few years ago I found myself with about 450 knives. They were primarily that type of thing (nice production knives) and I discovered a couple of things that bothered me 1. I hardly saw the vast majority of them because they were locked up somewhere. 2. I only ever carried or used about 10 of them and 3. I had a crapload of dough$$$ in them. A few years ago I decided that I am using only these few and the others are just sitting around doing nothing, WTFO. I carry a knife or two every day and I practice martial arts and do a lot of outdoor things like camping, hiking, survival training and hunting. I was using knives like SOG and Gerber for most of these things, but had always admired the custom made stuff and just thought they are so expensive I could not bring myself to use one and they probably are not that much better anyway. Then I realized, you dumb ass there are 400+ knives sitting around that I not only don’t use but I haven’t seen in several years, how freaking smart is that? Anyway to end this story up over the past few years I have been selling off the pile of production stuff and buying other non-knife related things as well as a very carefully chosen few custom knives to serve specific purposes. I discovered first that customs are not only better performers but they really feel better and last longer. So with a lower number of more expensive knives I have less money in knives and have much better knives.

I still have over 200 knives, because it is not easy to move them out that fast and I still have a few production models that I may keep like a collection of Gerber Silver Knights and Mark II’s and I always intend to have a Victorinox or two around, but better knives and not being afraid to use them has made me a much happier camper.

Vince

WOW !!!

I've noted that same behavior in other subcultures, notably Watches and Fountain Pens and Cars and ... and .... and ....

There's a fellow in the watch world had 3 Ulysse-Nardin watches, something of a matched set. That set cost was a bit over $100,000. And he had a lot of other cool watches, all expensive. Just a regular Joe, but with a huge
From a financial perspective it's quite easy to dig oneself into a hole very quickly.

For my own, I pulled out my box-o-knives yesterday..... sheesh, that box is overflowing and getting mighty heavy !! Got some cool ones to be sure, but I don't think there's more than 25 in the box.......

25 ?? Sheesh, I don't need that many......

Robbie, send me all your knives, I'm here to help !! You'll know where to find 'em when you come to your senses !!

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. did I mention "WOW" ??

DSC00977.jpg

Vjb.knife, wow ! What a nice knife and watch ! :eek: Great picture too....:D

Thanks for the the story and advice, really makes lots of sense, that could be my ticket. :)

New Pig Hunter, I knew I could count on you for advice too, are you sure you would treat them nice and shine them often ? :rolleyes:

Robbie Roberson ;)

vjb,

what in the heck is that thang ?? WOW, that's one great looker ?? My eyes aren't good enough to read the name stamp.... Please tell us more about that one !!

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. Robbie, all the knives you send: I promise only to polish, never to use.

Hi there Vince,

Is that a Cold Steel trailmaster? That's sweet!:D

I just happen to have a trailmaster that can use that special touch:rolleyes:.

It is a hand forged "Slim Pickens Fighter" made of diferentially heat treated 1084 high carbon steel by Craig Camerer from Illinois. The watch is a Girard Perregaux Seahawk II Pro in Titanium 3000 meter Diver.

Vince.

Back