Selling rules / 14 days?

Copy paste below. Can anyone clarify? If you have an item for sale, how do you bump the thread? Rules state you can post same item after 14 days. But when i did that, mods combined the thread. And BTTT is disabled. Not sure what I can do to refresh the listing.

• Consolidate your 'like" items into a single thread. If you have multiple knives to sell, post them in a single thread. Or you can do different threads on different days. You are only allowed 1 sales thread, per day, per forum. If you list an item and it sells, don't start another thread in the same section until the next day. If a moderator consolidates your threads, edit the title and make any changes you need to. DO NOT START AN ALL NEW THREAD! Let's keep it fair for everyone.
  • You must wait 14 days (2 week rule) to relist an item for the second time. Once you list an item for sale, that item cannot appear for a second time in a sales thread until 2 weeks have passed from the date of the original thread. Any changes made to your existing sales thread (withdrawing, editing price, etc.) must be made to that thread, don't start new threads with the same items. Use a calendar if you need to. You can link your sales threads to your signature space, but don't make it a giant billboard.

There are no bumps that move an ad up the page (or back to the first page once it's off).

Once you post an item, you can't post it again for two weeks - that includes under a different category, or slipping it into an ad with other knives. Deleting the first ad doesn't mean it didnt exist; so when it gets reported, you'd face the same issue

But when i waited 14 days and posted the knife again, the moderators combined them. Was that a hint not to post a new thread or am i allowed to post the same item after 14 days?

But when i waited 14 days and posted the knife again, the moderators combined them. Was that a hint not to post a new thread or am i allowed to post the same item after 14 days?

Please provide a link to the thread in question.
Sometimes mods make arithmetic mistakes.

You can post a new sales thread after 14 days.
Be advised that the 14-day limit applies across the exchanges. Once you post a knife for sale in one exchange, you cannot post it again on the site for 14 days.

It was that thread. I posted may 2nd. Then i posted a 2nd thread may 16, when it was merged. I even had this reminder on my calendar time stamped 4:12pm Est

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-153433_Calendar.jpg
    Screenshot_20200523-153433_Calendar.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2
Check the date of the second post - you were a week early
This is bizarre. I poated the new for sale thread may 16. I dont have a record of it as it was merged. I know i am not making this up.

The second post you are referring to on the price drop was the price drop.

knarfeng knarfeng one thing I've been unsure of - can an item be posted in both For Sale and Trades concurrently? I thought I'd seen it said that they couldn't; but I see it done frequently. I think I reported one example, and both ads remained... which increased my uncertainty.

You can post the same knife in both a for sale forum and trade forum concurrently.

Posting the same knife in multiple sale forums is the no no.

Check the date of the second post - you were a week early
Can you please check the date of when the new for sale thread was merged? If that date is not may 16 i must have invented a time machine. According to your records, when can i post the item again? As instructed i have been using google calendar from the date and time i posted the original.
1st for sale listing may 2.
New listing created may 16. Which was merged.
Today is may 23rd

Last edited:
Can you please check the date of when the post was merged? If that date is not may 16 i must have invented a time machine. According to your records, when can i post the item again? As instructed i have been using google calendar from the date and time i posted the original.
1st post may 2.
New thread may 16. Which was merged.
Today is may 23rd

When a thread (or post) gets merged with an older thread, it shows as an additional post in the original thread. That's why, from an outside perspective, it looks like you posted the second thread on the 9th rather than the 16.

If the second thread was posted on the 16th then it as since been deleted.

The mods should be able to see when the posts were made, merged, and or deleted.

You can post the same knife in both a for sale forum and trade forum concurrently.

Posting the same knife in multiple sale forums is the no no.

Not my understanding of the rules.
"Sale or trade" posts go in the sales forum. not both.
@rycen

rycen has a better handle on the fine points of the exchange forum rules. I'll defer to his comments.

When a thread (or post) gets merged with an older thread, it shows as an additional post in the original thread. That's why, from an outside perspective, it looks like you posted the second thread on the 9th rather than the 16.

The mods should be able to see when the posts were made, merged, and or deleted.
This is why there is so much confusion. So it seems i did nothing wrong. When can i create a new for sale listing for same item? As stated below is my timeline

1st for sale listing may 2. Approx 4:12pm EST
New listing created may 16 after 4:12pm ESt. Which was merged that day.
Today is may 23rd.

Can you please check the date of when the new for sale thread was merged? If that date is not may 16 i must have invented a time machine. According to your records, when can i post the item again? As instructed i have been using google calendar from the date and time i posted the original.
1st for sale listing may 2.
New listing created may 16. Which was merged.
Today is may 23rd

Nope.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/pri...fe-bronze-tanto-204p-blade-123-13-ml.1726537/
This thread is the result of merging two threads.
First thread was created on May 2.
Second thread was created on May 9. (Price drop counts as the same item for sale.)
They were merged on May 9 into the original thread
You edited the second post to change it from an entire description to an announcement of the price drop on May 9.

]

I swear i did not create a new thread on may 9. I created the new fs thread on may 16. But moving fwd i will post a photo with the date hand written. When can i create a new thread with same item for this microtech?

Nope.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/pri...fe-bronze-tanto-204p-blade-123-13-ml.1726537/
This thread is the result of merging two threads.
First thread was created on May 2.
Second thread was created on May 9. (Price drop counts as the same item for sale.)
They were merged on May 9 into the original thread
You edited the second post to change it from an entire description to an announcement of the price drop on May 9.
So per your records of may 9, then i should be able to post same item in new thread today or tmrw?

*post removed*
nevermind - left the page open while I ate dessert, and knarfeng addressed it

**BUT, you could have reposted on the 16th, based on the original post date of 5/2. (Once the post of 5/9 was merged into the 5/2 ad, it no longer factors into the 14 day equation.)

Last edited:
**BUT, you could have reposted on the 16th, based on the original post date of 5/2. (Once the post of 5/9 was merged into the 5/2 ad, it no longer factors into the 14 day equation.)
True.

Back