Selling to fund vet bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken, you just earned a great deal of my respect. Not many would make that offer to someone they had
never met in person. That's what I like about this forum, some how it attracts people who still give a damn
about his fellow man. Weather across the street or across the country.

Thanks Wilson.....;);). I would have liked to have thought it was an offer that Ray might have been at least pretty excited about. Seems that I might have been mistaken. I surely wasn't in this to make a profit nor to own a knife designed for someone else. Heck, I'd never really feel that it was MY knife anyway.........:).

Thanks again Wilson, as my intent was initially as you described it.......appreciate the sentiments.

Hello ALL,
magnumb, I AM SORRY, I read this post but never did see this where you would sell it back when im on my feet, have NO Clue how i missed it, but i havent really been in too good a shape here lately. Been a little down and drowning it out a little.
I will totally take you up if it still stands and i didnt seem like an azzhole by not replying until today. It was made for me by Bill, but i saw his first Ol Musky he made and new that i had to have one. It is "Special" to me and i would NOT have let it go if i didnt NeeD to.
I am like everyone else and i skip around on the forum, i like to keep myself occupied so i dont DWELL ON SHIT. I have had alot of CRAP go on in my life the past 1 1/2 years and im finally holding my head up pretty high. Im NOT PERFECT and i have made some stupid mistakes as im sure alot of everyone here has done. So back at the ranch, i have poted a little looking at customs, productions and what not, BUT I HAVE NOT bought anything because im starting to pay for this 1900 dollar vet bill. Bell went to the vets today, he still has her there for the night he wants to do some x-rays and see what things look like on her hip. I had to go help do some cleanup after this Irene came through sat + sun. It is just a MESS.
Thanks all for reading and your help and concerns.
And above all, thanks for helping and listening to my jibber jab.

Ray

Glad to hear that Bell is in good hands.

Not to worry.............this knife will be there for you when you are right side-up again......;).

Sory to hear about the Irene mess.................not good timing....for anyone!

Good luck to Bell and your family.

Yea, Irene left a mess over here on Long Island too, but nothing that a little cleanup won't take care of. Hope Bell comes out of this ok.

Ray,

Your beautiful knife arrived today. Thanks for the quick and safe delivery.

It is certainly a special knife and one can tell that it was definitely a special order knife. It is very unique....to say the least!!

My offer still stands. It will be available to you when things stabilize a bit more for you and you let me know that you'd like to once again take ownership of this knife.......;).

Thanks again Ray and I hope that Bell is doing much better. A short progress report in regards to Bell's health, every now and then, would be much appreciated.

Thanks again Ray.

Ken

Ken, excellent gesture on your part to help out B/G until he gets squared away. I have done the same thing for buddies of mine on guns & fishing stuff when I could, and vice versa. Sometimes it's just a necessary fact of life as most of us know . . . .
B/G, hope Bell pulls thru this ordeal, good on you for taking care of your furry friend . . . . . :)
Two "attaboys" for both of you for what you did and are doing . . . . .:thumbup:
Be safe.

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for being lax on my updates, Bell is doing alot better, she is able to walk a little now without falling over or crying. She is starting to get her appetite back and has a little more "Glimmer" back in her eyes. Yesterday she even played with Ace her 1yo pup for a short while until she had enough when he got a little over excited from playing and she had to knock him back a few notches "typical kid" LOL...But everything is coming along just as the Doc said it would, now its just time. What we thought to be a break is actually a good size "Chip". After more Xrays Doc said that it looked to be a break because Ol Bell has some excess fat :p in the area and he was now certain that it is not a break. He showed me the image BUT it only looked like a street map to me :(. So like they say, time heals all wounds. Doc said her being a little Pudgy actually probably helped, BUT she should lose some weight,:grumpy: DAMN Doctors are always saying that though, LOL, maybe even to me :rolleyes: ;).....

Thank you to Everyone for your Support and Concern.....
It Is So Very Much Appreciated!!!:thumbup:
Ray and Bell :D and Ace....... ;)

Glad to hear that Bell is doing much better!! I'm sure that the entire Ray family is more than a bit relieved by her recovery and prognosis.

Time does heal all. Bell's condition is no different.

Good news Ray.......thanks for the update.......;).

BG, hope the news keeps getting better. Nothing like the furry friends we have to support us when we need them as well . . . . .
Keep positive, and keep an eye on Bell, sounds like everything is heading in the right direction . . . . . :thumbup: :thumbup:
Be safe.

Been a few weeks.....how's Bell doing....?

I hope to hear that she's doing fine and things are back to normal.....;).

Hey BG,

Been a few months now.......how's Bell doin'.......?

I know that several of us have been interested and have been asking for updates.......:confused:.

Just got back from a 1 1/2 week elk hunt so I'll likely hit the rack early. No elk, but got my buck mid-Oct.

Don't worry.....didn't use your knife on the buck. It's still as nice as you sent it and I'm sure it hopes to be returned to it's rightful owner as soon as possible.....!

RAY (BLOODGROOVE 4570),

I see that you log onto BF's quite often. Naturally, I expect that you likely visit Bill's and Chris' sub-forum much more often than the general forum. I suppose that you could have missed the thread that you yourself started months ago, but then being recently bumped back up to the top with my recent question about Bell's current status, I was sure you'd see it. I was hoping for some type of update......;)

Just wondering how Bell is doing since you last gave us a report of her recovery 2 months ago......?

Last edited:
Ray,

I PM'd your personal email about a week ago and see that it was opened, but haven't heard from you as yet......?

This post may seem a little bit personal, but in truth, this entire thread was started by you and was of a personal nature to begin with (helping you out so you could pay the vet bill), so it started at this level and I'm only trying to make sense of what is going on. I'm only posting this message because you won't, for whatever reason, respond to my email or posts here.

Your 8/29 post in this thread clearly states that you really would like to get your knife back that Bill made especially for you and I made what I thought was a very honest and fair offer to sell it back to you at exactly the same price that I bought it from you...............and did so ONLY to help you out a as a fellow BF member and one that Bill personally told me was a standup guy and that I could trust. No problem I thought......Bill's word, your word and I'm doing something good to feel good about while helping someone in immediate need. I'm not rich, but had a few extra $'s at the time......which I could very much use as Xmas arrives (as I said in my email that you've not responded to). No response at all, even though I said that minimal payments would be fine with me.

Soooo.........you can imagine that I was more than a bit stunned when I read your post on 10/30/11 under the "5 Knives Available" thread started by Gossman Knives that stated that you felt sorry for Scott (Gossman Knives) 'cuz some guy left him holding the bag with 5 pre-ordered knives. I think that it was a bad deal for Scott as well, as would anybody. But what really floored me was when you posted that you would try to find some $ to try to help him out by buying a knife from him and you'd get back to him on that (1 knife @ $175, 2 knives @ $215 and 1 knife @ $265.......buying the knife you said you'd buy back from me first....$210). What....? Sure, I don't blame you for wanting to help a fellow BF member out....believe me, I know how that goes. But after I extended myself to you in your time of need and then emailing you also in hopes that you could now take responsibility for making me whole again.....and you are offering to buy another knife from another maker which by the above amounts would likely be more than your knife to buy back .....? What's that about? And since you never posted again in that thread, it's quite likely that you very well may have closed a deal on one of those knives through a pm to Scott.......right? Nope, I don't know for sure that you did, but given what you've said you'd do and what you've actually done.........you don't leave anyone any room to believe what you say 100% of the time.....that's on you.

You plainly stated in your own thread that you would dearly love to have "your" knife back that Bill made special order for you. You said it meant alot to you and even though you "look" at other knives for sale, you want your knife back before you purchase any others. Your reasoning made complete sense to me......I'd want to do the same with a knife made especially for me. There was no reason to doubt your word. Bill spoke for your "word" and other members obviously would have helped you out if they could have at that time. I was able to help you out then and am not in such a position now.....just the way things go, for all of us.....as you well know. But for me to nicely ask you in an earlier personal message to consider a payment plan to get your knife back (when I was thinking that it would have been nice for you to approach me with such a plan well before I had to approach you) and then to read in your 10/30 post that you considered and then perhaps actually purchased another knife while still not making even one attempt to buy your knife back or even to politely contact me about doing so...........I'm not sure that I wasn't somehow totally fooled by you into helping you out for your own reasons and not only to help pay for Bell's vet bills. Really.....what would anybody think that isn't hearing back from you after trying to make contact initially through a pm to keep this matter as low key as possible, then reads a post where you're clearly considering buying ANOTHER knife with 3 of the 4 knives available being worth more than your $210 knife (and perhaps did make the purchase) when you have clearly said that you want the custom knife that Bill built for you back ASAP and then you can't/won't even post updates to Bell's condition after many of us have sent our best regards and asked that you please update us now and then......? I know that I and more than a few other BF members were and remain quite concerned about Bell...and still are. Pets matter alot to me. They are always there for us and I've always felt bad about leaving my shepard mix in 'Nam...so there's a bit of guilt here as well......my thing, no one else's. Truth be told......my purchasing your knife for the short term was more to make sure Bell had the proper care she obviously needed since they are dependent on us, rather than what we as humans can do for ourselves. Animals count on us and just want to be cared for and they have no reasons to deceive nor distrust us.....unless treated badly. Humans, obviously.......not so much. So as to Bell and her recovery.....I am still very much interested in her well being and hopeful progress.

I've tried all the ways I know of to make contact with you.....this being my last option.....the only choice left. By you continuing to try to put off a response by making yourself unavailable....it tells me alot. I've never heard directly from you (without a request from me on how Bell's doing) since the day you received the $ you asked for. There's no rules in life that govern such things, but I know that if someone helped me out, especially financially and from someone that I'd never even met based on Bill's word that you're a solid person, I would have been in contact with that person many times on my own just to let them know I appreciated what they'd done for me. Instead......what I get in return is to read a post where you're offering to buy another knife likely MORE expensive if you can "scrape up the funds" and then no response to my very reasonable offer to start making minimal payments towards once again taking ownership of the "special" knife that Bill made only for you.

It is interesting that your last post was on 11/8......around the same time as my pm to you and my last post on your "vet bill" thread. I doubt, however, that you haven't been logged on in a way other than where it would show that you are logged on. That doesn't take much imagination to do so, nor would it surprise me anymore given how you've decided to treat another BF member that was only trying to help you out after feeling comfortable enough to do so after Bill spoke up for you.

Let's be clear, this entire situation is of your own doing based on your own words and actions and only in very small part to Bill's intervention or suggestions, and in part, to my being much to trustful or just plain stupid............either one, unfortunately, having the same effect. My short time on BF didn't and doesn't allow me the same knowledge or history in regards to the pro's and con's of certain members, especially those that spend most of their viewing time on Bill and Chris' forum. So, my first impulse was to trust you and to help you out with Bell's vet bills and I didn't hesitate to do so. From this point on...........not so much on the trust and help thing. Many things come to light and are sorted out when $ comes into play.............this situation is obviously no different.

At this point Ray, you have very much crushed and soured my willingness to extend myself to anyone but famiy and close friends. For that, I'm not appreciative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back