Send smoke and prayers for Bura Kami

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
After suffering from ongoing health issue for a long time Bura Kami had passed away. Very sad news to all of us. Send prayers, smoke and good thoughts to Bura Kami and his family.

1NmaMkS.jpg

zCspiQT.jpg

Foxy Folly from my collection

GgHcSaR.jpg

ekiwuvZ.jpg

Smoke and prayers to Buras family, he will be greatly missed but his legend will live on.

How terribly sad. Smoke up from the NW. He will always be remembered. A true legend.

Special smoke in my blacksmith shop today. Blessings to his family.

Smoke up from Texas. So sad to hear that. Peace be with the family. Its going to take a while for this one to sink in.

Smoke and prayers up for Bura, his legend will live on in his blades, and in our hearts.

Best wishes for royal kami Bura in his ongoing journeys. He made a global name for himself and his craft. Fortunately a few younger kamis were able to study with him and carry on the tradition he embodied.

Red Flower owns but a single khukuri, in contrast to her obsessive husband. It is this Bura blade, which showcases his craftsmanship.

6B858D42-6B29-474E-AE5B-23623D69CEC0.jpeg

The old thread where she considered her blade is here. Many forumites weighed in with advice and this “BDC” design by Bura carried the day.

Last edited:
Prayers for Lalit Bura and for his family. His work will continue to honor his memory.

Smoke from California, I'm sad to hear of his passing. He made some of my favorite blades.

His reputation and the work of his hands spread across the earth and still inspires many. I am thankful for all he did for Himalayan Imports and the other kamis. I'm also proud to be the keeper of one of his blades. I feel happy he lived and sad he died. I will pray for those he left behind.

I'm really sorry to hear about this as well. And sad I found out so late. I always take special comfort in knowing that Bura had made some of my blades after having heard of the ceremony he performed on them back in my old days on the forum. I consider them like holy relics that make my house feel better.

Amen to that. He was the Kami of all Kami's. Many present Kami's learned a lot from Bura.

Back