Senior Member In ONE MONTH!

Hi Guys,

I just realized the day before yesterday that I was already becoming a "Senior Member!" It took only one month to go from a lowly freshman to a senior member. It kind of snuck up on me. ALREADY!, I said. When I first enlisted here and took my oath of office, I thought It'd take at least a year. Now that I'm a full fledged senior, like alot of you guys who like sharp tools, I've got some questions. I'm still new here ya know, so please excuse my ignorance and unrealistically high expectations. But when I look at some posts, I think "WOW!, he REALY knows what he's talking about, because he's a SENIOR." I'm just a lowly member. I don't know anything. These guys are the experts. After one month, I still think I have a long way before I'll be a big shot. I'll quit rambling and get to my QUESTIONS:

1. Did I break a record for getting here the fastest, or is this pretty common? Not that it matters unless.....see #2.

2. Do I win a free Busse #9 or REKAT folding sword for becomming a Senior so soon? Just asking.....
wink.gif
....and hoping....

3. Do I get a certificate for a $100 shopping spree at the forum store, or WalMart?

4. Does each senior member get their very own genuine plastic imitation Swiss Army decoder ring/knife/cork screw?

5. Dues? You mean we have dues to pay, now?

6. When will somebody show me the secret senior member hand shake?

Whatever the answers, two things are certain.
It would be nice if I could have become a college senior in only one month.
You only get what you pay for. (Except for the lucky ducks who win those knives on the forum.)
And make that 3: I've been spending too much time in front of the computer reading and talking about one of my favorite subjects.

Anyway, I've enjoyed talking to everyone here and learning from all of the great topics you've brought up. I like how this forum is run and the respect that is shown. Thank you all. Answers and responses are welcome....

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword let him sell his garment and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36) See John 3:15- 18

Yeah, and don't you sleep?
People who stay on too long get forum burnout and need to go to counselling or at least go to bed once in awhile
wink.gif

------------------
If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid.

Equalizer-now, I know you probably won't listen to me since I'm not a SM yet, but I just wanted to say congratulations! From what I've heard, your new Battle Mistress should be in the mail to you already, and Chris is probably engraving your Sebenza as we speak. Mike will be at your house to show you the handshake this evening, so cook up something impressive. And please, never, ever admit again that you are anything less than a Blade Master. It just confuses us newbies.

Hey,

I guess all of those one sentence posts paid off eh EQUALIZER? Just kidding, I have been at it around a month and only just broke 50 posts. Then again I tend to be windy as the average length of my posts is between "The Old Man and The Sea" and "Crime and Punishment". Keep up the mostly entertaining posts Superman--er--Senior Member.

I personally am holding out for "Senor Member", damn can't do the Spanish on this site. I want that trip to Cabo Wabo this winter when I break 100.

Ptpalpha,

There are words of wisdom in your post, young man. And don't worry, I will not forget the little people; I was one once too.
wink.gif

You mean there's a Sebenza involved too! Yeeeeedawwwgeeees!!!
Tom, I think you right. My psychiatrist says that I talk to much too.

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword let him sell his garment and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36) See John 3:15- 18

100 posts comes up pretty fast, huh? And funny how talking a lot makes folks listen to you more... I'm still laughing that I got included in an otherwise fine list of moderator nominations
wink.gif

Let's just say it didn't take me a month to reach "senior" status... but I'm a little ashamed to say how long
frown.gif

Welcome aboard, Equalizer, and glad to have you.

-Drew

Heheh Good try!

Catch up to me in the number of legitimate posts made and I may make a prize!

Just kidding! Congratulations on your acheivement. Maybe we should up the count to 500 for senior status?

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

No Please Not 500.

I've got my eyes on the prize.

But I'm nearsited.

Yeah , Ive got a ways to go you don't have to check.

Wooh, my longest post so far.

------------------
Pete
"Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle."

Mike, maybe you could make a "super-senior" status after someone reaches 1000 posts or so. It would need a better name than super-senior however.

------------------
Johnny
[]xxxxxx[]=============>

I am close to 2,500 so does that mean I can get AARP Super Senior discounts?

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Senior member within a month, for sure you are addicted to BladeForum.

Congrats! I think I'm not that far away from a Senior member too!

Well, you beat me. I signed on July 28th and hit "senior" status on September 1. I have picked up the pace since then.
wink.gif

How to tell if you are a Senior Member (or just visit here too much):

Your dog is hungry.

Your significant other left months ago and you just noticed.

Your thumb is sore from your one-hand knife and your finger is sore from using the mouse.

Anyone...?

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

Specialization is for insects.

Darn! The dog. I forgot I even had a dog. I guess that explains the smell, coming from behind the couch.

------------------
Lynn Griffith-Tactical Knifemaker
Winner of "Best Tactical Knife" at 1999 PKA show
My website
See my award winning "Spec Ops Tanto" in Gallery 3 of my website
GriffithKN@aol.com

LOL! :0

I may catch ya some day, Mike, but if I did I wouldn't want anyone to know. Time for a clinic!

-Drew

You guys crack me up!

Maybe we should add, as a byline to the BF's "The Leading Edge of Knife Discussion", the phrase ".... and never a dull moment".

Yes, it gets to your head, doesn't it? I just reached senior status less than a week ago myself. It's funny. I registered, but I was still lurking for a LONG time. Even after I did start, I only posted every once in a while. The difference between us, I guess is that I DO know EVERYTHING. OK, would you believe ALMOST everything? A lot? OK, so maybe there's a lot to know. That's why you gotta keep coming back even after reaching senior status. You also gotta make people recognize your name (like the REAL big fish. You can tell the real big fish somehow by what they write.) Yes, someday we will be big fish. Until that day, we're just as smelly, and small to boot!

Howie

All I know is that I know less now than when I joined.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

I used to belong to an Australian motorcycle club for geriatrics.
We had Junior and Senior members. The only real benefit to being a "Senior" was that the "Juniors" had to help you onto your bike.

------------------
Brian W E
ICQ #21525343
Money : spend it before it's all gone

Back