1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Sent my XM-18 to the ranch Monday

Discussion in 'Rick Hinderer Knives' started by CatsTide, Jan 9, 2015.

1. CatsTide

CatsTide

Nov 17, 2014
    Withdrawal symptoms are getting severe. :barf:

2. Carl Jacobsen

Carl Jacobsen

Oct 19, 1998
    And that is why you should have more than one. :)

I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson here, folks.

3. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    Good Lord willing and the Creek don't rise..... it'll be back to you post haste. More appreciated than ever :)

4. Carl Jacobsen

Carl Jacobsen

Oct 19, 1998
    Plus, Rick Hinderer will ride up on a great white stallion to hand deliver it personally,

(Sorry, a combination of a John Wayne-worthy line and recent discussion elsewhere. And cough syrup.)

5. CatsTide

CatsTide

Nov 17, 2014
    It's supposed to get here tomorrow. I sent it out Monday,USPS said they would get it Thursday. Wednesday I got an email from USPS stating that the ranch had printed a label for it. It shipped out sometime Thursday. Sounds like they run a pretty tight ship on the ranch. :)

6. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    Indeed

7. Pfd1980

Pfd1980 Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2014
    Thats good to hear. Still have yet to email Rob to send mine out. One of these days ill get to it. Im interested to see how they addressed that issue of blade vs. standoff

8. CatsTide

CatsTide

Nov 17, 2014
    Me too...maybe I'll know tomorrow.:)

9. CatsTide

CatsTide

Nov 17, 2014
    Got it back today. Slick as a whistle.:)

10. Pfd1980

Pfd1980 Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2014
    Thats awesome. Good to hear!

11. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    Impressive response time with a Great result. Good stuff.

12. Trabireiter

Trabireiter

Mar 10, 2008
    same boat, only that it will have to go through customs twice and shipping international is longer as well.
    No second hinderer as so other knives will have to compensate as far as this is possible :D

13. Boomer34

Boomer34

Dec 13, 2014
    What did you send it to the Ranch for?

14. Trabireiter

Trabireiter

Mar 10, 2008
    it probably had/has irregularities in the blade metal and the ranch will take care of that

15. CatsTide

CatsTide

Nov 17, 2014
    The blade was bottoming out on the middle standoff. They fixed it and resharpened it and sent it back same day. Cool beans.

16. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    Nice to hear about the quick turnaround. Glad they took care of you.

17. Trabireiter

Trabireiter

Mar 10, 2008
    it's back with a new blade! They even managed to find a 20cv replacement blade. Now everything is fine again. As a bonus I now have early lockup and also a stiffer detend.

I'm 100% satisfied.

Thank your Rob and everybody at the ranch!

[​IMG]

18. D.Prichard

D.Prichard

Jun 17, 2012
    I sent a knife in on a Monday and got it back on a Thursday once. Considering it's two days shipping each way, it was just more proof of the ridiculously awesome customer service provided by the Ranch.

19. RubiconSS

RubiconSS

Jan 12, 2011
    I don't know How they do it but they Do time and time again - I wish the World was as responsive and consistent as the Ranch.

Great service is so rare these days. We are lucky.