September 2019 Buck of the Month - Released

For an old fart i'd think you knew what a shovel looked like. It aint a shovel nose nor a spear point!
And know one is asking them to eliminate the clip point!
How many 110 fxd blades do you have.

Just calling a spade a spade.

No big deal. We all have different tastes.

Here is an older Buck 110 Clip Point with Taylor wood from the custom shop.
15299011089316175135270151270922_zpsbyt3slhj.jpg

1529901058380758332544214677348_zpsfs0bywlr.jpg

Samsung phone. Most phones take pretty good pictures these days. But you have to have it on the lowest resolution to post on here. No big deal because its almost instant.

Last edited:
Those scales are beautiful. It should be called something other than plain cocobolo. Maybe Jigged cocobolo or carved cocobolo or something to emphasize the artistry in their patterning.

Thanks Mike for the excellent pictures.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a second one. It's a special release. The scales feel incredible and they are a work of art.

Do most people buy these as users or for display only?

Most of the fancy ones never even cut a piece of string.......they sit in display cases or languish in the darkest recesses of a safe.

Mine are just waiting for me to die so they can get to an auction and sit in somebody else's display case.

:D

Yeah it’s always left me scratching my head wondering why I would buy a knife that has a high end steel that holds an edge for a very long time and handle materials so durable to go through extremely tough conditions and then leave it in a display case just to look at. Then you see someone buy a high dollar art knife with low end mirror polished blade decorated with gold , fancy, exotic, delicate materials for a handle with hand engraving and they are using it like a crowbar, screw driver or a chisel. I guess I’m funny that way. Lol

When I bought my first Club knife, Elk 111 gold etch MP, I took it out of the box and cut the top of the shieth off and used it since then...The gold is pretty tough. This 110 really is special! I spend most of my Buck bucks on 112's but this 110 with the textured oversized handles is different enough to tempt me to the dark side..

Back