Serial numbered Sharade

Howdy folks-

My grandfather gave me a Schrade I*XL. Has two blades, some sorta bone handle. I have a certificate that reads....

"This is to certify that Daniel N. Taylor(me) is the original subscriber and present registered owner of Shcrade I*XL Knife No. 04876. Produced by the original maker George Westenholm and Son Ltd. of Sheffield England who hold all rights in the I8XL makers mark having granted exclusive use of this mark by the Sheffield Cutlers Company in the year A.D. 1787. I got this in 1982. Any ideas on its value? Its in its original box, has the Certificate of Ownership, and the small brochure for the collectible knives of the day. The knife is nested in a velvet/plastic holder, and in a small box with a brass clasp. I did cut the velvet/plastic box a bit when younger. Its on the side, and hidden when placed in the box. I'll post a picture or two when I get my digi cam from work.

*edit* The serial no. is stamped on the right side bolster(?)/endcap.

BTTT. I'm lookin to offload this knife, I'll never use it, and I thought somebody might like to own it. Figuered that the Schrade forum would be the place to begin the task of valueing this knife. I have absolutely no idea on where to begin.

Brembo -

Due to the many physical and market conditions that determine the ever-changing values of collectible knives, we do not attempt to keep track of current values. You may want to contact Bernard Levine at brlevine@ix.netcom.com. Mr. Levine is the author of Levine's Guide to Knives and Their Values, and he is also "The Knife Expert" for Knife World Magazine, where he answers readers' questions about all kinds of knives and manufacturers. You may also want to visit his web site at www.http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/links.htm#knife questions, which contains links to a variety of knife related web sites, where you may also be able to find out more about your knife.

Back