Serious sheath questions (please don't laugh at me :( )

Hey RL...

Not sure if we hooked up at the CKG show or not..
I'm just a few hours down the road from you S.W....
Anyway,,if I may add my 0.02...

first off,, if you are going to carry concealed IWB, whether its a double sided blade or not, theres still probably going to be a charge under the criminal code, so whats the difference...A double edged weapon isn't going to get you into any more trouble at this point anyway...

so,, lets assume that you are going to carry IWB concealed, without getting into trouble with it...

Unfortunately my Six Pack Abs are long gone as well.. I don't find appendix carry all that comfortable, so basically I carry straight down my left side,,slightly back twowards the left cheek.

Defensively I carry everything from a CRKT companion to a CS Tanto edge forward.. Strong arm edge forward gives me a coyuple of different draw options.. Firstly Edge foward.. Its a straight draw,up and out...With a slight turn of my hand I can grab and draw the blade in a Sabre grip without a problem.

As to your being worried about being cut,, well yes thats always a possibility,,even for these skinny guys.. Proper care must be taken Always when drawing a knife.

As far a dummy cord or static line carry goes.. This is one of my favorite carry methods for casual EDC.. Its Very comfortable and give you a lot of freedom of movement of the rig itself.. Maybe not the greatest defensive carry as Sierra has mentioned,, but shouldn't be given up on...

Hope that helped..

ttyle

Eric...

I'd be willing to bet that more self-inflicted wounds have happened when resheathing than on the draw. Drawpoint (reverse grip, edge forward or back) is one of the fastest ways to respond to a surprise attack. The stud or "frog" type sheath (a la Bill Bagwell) will let you carry a really big blade concealed very well (with a little experimentation) and isn't that slow to get into action. Anything you are carrying concealed will also have some legal issues, but that's a personal decision.

Back