SFB Field Test

Aloha ALL,

Well, I loaned my LT a production sample of the SFB last weekend. He is an avid bow hunter and right now, it's open season here. He guts, de-bones, and quarters his catch prior to leaving the moutain.

Anyway, I saw him last weekend and he said, "The blade shape of the SFB is PERFECT for hunting. Even though the knife was bloody, the slots kept it from slipping in his gloved hand. Also, this is the only knife he was able to use and "not let go of"...it is large enough to do the job, yet small enough to allow him to use both hands when gutting and de-boning." He then showed me how he held the SFB between his middle and ring finger, enabling him to use both hands w/o letting go of the SFB.

COOL!!! (Oh, for those of you wondering, he nailed a good sized goat. He even decapitated it with the SFB!:eek: ) Oh yeah, on edge retention:

He said he had to touch it up after de-boning and skinning each limb. He'd do one leg, swipe it on a steel, do the other leg, repeat on steel, etc...he said it performed well even though it is a thick blade. However, he was VERY impressed with the "PERFECT" belly to the SFB for skinning and such. He enjoyed the way the SFB was easily "steered".:cool:

He is going this weekend also, and I should see him this sunday evening, hopefully with my SFB!:rolleyes: I hope he took pics this time too!:thumbup:

I have tested the production sample SFB on mediums such as wood, cardboard, soda cans:rolleyes: , etc...so my LT's test is the first on...well...flesh. Also, he's a very "straight up" kinda guy...if the SFB sucked, he'd have said politely, "Chad, your knife sucked." Period.

Anyway, thanks for reading...now, if Blade-Tech can get a move on them sheaths for the SFB!!!:rolleyes:

God bless and take care:cool:

Chad that does not help the fact that I want one...;)

Oh well, back to waiting patiently(not really):cool:

Very Cool as I have had somewhat similiar thoughts on the Subcom while doing Meat Testing with it......Doc:eek:

Back