Shaman vs pigmy

I really like the whole Pygmy family. The 3/32 Shaman your looking for would be the best EDC out of the 3. The Pygmy is great for intricate jobs, way cooler than an exacto knife. My personal favorite is the Chief! This thing dosent mess around and it is awesome in hand. Mine is 5/32 but dosent feel bulky because it has a sweet taper. Wish Andy would come up with a huge Chief and call it the “Big Kahuna”!
Good luck with your search856E35C5-0C8D-42EC-83E8-3377E8165AF8.jpeg 08B41165-AC6B-490B-BB83-8C970F84C050.jpeg 084DF77C-C39E-465D-B1BE-1C26944762A6.jpeg

we have a ruby 1/8" SFT Chief in stock:cool:
2v2JvFrFCxurAoi.jpg

You know, when I drew these up, I was trying to achieve utter simplicity. I had tried this before and failed with models like the Shank. That isn't to say that the Shank didn't please me, or that is is not a great model. I drew it after seeing Gangs of NY and the inspiration for it was the cloth wrapped slip of sharpened steel one of the boys had early in the movie. There was nothing to that. By the time I got done, I had an intricate Fiddleback design. So these knives were an experiment. Phillip and Allen looked at them and sneered. At the time, I told them that they would be someones favorite Fiddlebacks. So Tutone Tutone when you said they were your favorites, that made my day. The idea of simplicity led me to thinking about how complex and time consuming every step on a Fiddleback Forge knife is. Drilling for example. Between the 1/8" pins, bullseye tube and lightning holes, they take 4 times longer than the Cumming Bladeworks USA blanks with their 3 holes made with one drill bit. I began to see that I could simplify AND keep a little bit of sexy design. What I'm saying is that the Pygmy family is when the ideas that became Cumming Bladeworks USA started bouncing around in my brain.

2v2JpG8W3xurAoi.jpg

2v2JpG8LoxurAoi.jpg

and aid to help indexing and know where the blade is
2v2JpG8CzxurAoi.jpg
That's really nice looking. I use my Pygmy when recycling with my students. I love it, but it's a bit small. I have a Shaman but haven't used it. I'm going to try the chief and take a long look at the "big kahuna". Love reading the story Andy and for what it's worth I also really like my (5) Shanks!

The BK is my favorite of the lineup, though the Shaman is a cool knife. This is the first one with the index notch at the front. I really like it. The difference in confidence when I hold the thing is palpable. I hope you like it. I'm working on it in my mind right now.

Props to Tutone Tutone ... This might be one of my most favorite FF names :)... Cool to see this design in actual form as well. :thumbsup:

Back