Shaman

image_zps2ea465da.jpg

Reactions: Mo2
And the MILITARY! Anything other than everything about the Military is not a Military. Including multi position clip!

I soooooo agree with this. Completely tired of people whining about the tip down on the Millie. To suggest it be changed is blasphemy. Y'all can just shut up about all that thank you very much.

I really like the looks of this knife. However it is 5.2 ounces. That is 2.2 ounces heavier than my Manix 2 LW and I do not see it offering much added functionality.

I really like the looks of this knife. However it is 5.2 ounces. That is 2.2 ounces heavier than my Manix 2 LW and I do not see it offering much added functionality.

If you watch the BHQ video I linked above, Eric talks about it being a heavy duty user with thick blade stock and a steel back spacer. I would imagine a heavy duty knife would be a bit heavier than a light weight knife! :D

I, too, am really looking forward to this model. And I find S30V to be perfectly adequate for my everyday needs. This one I foresee being a keeper.

- Spyderco knife lock count - 167 lock backs; 85 liner locks; 50 compression locks; then the rest
- Spyderco forums poll favorite lock - back lock/mid lock
Because it is the best:strong, reliable, easy to use, good for right and left hands.
I am big Native fan and back lock is my favorite lock. I was disappointed with compression lock Shaman, but it will not be a deal breaker. Frankly at this time I am more concern with 4 mm thick blade. In general, it is too thick for my taste. I like slicers. But I like Native profile and love contoured scales.

I'm glad this model is more heavy duty. 5.2 oz , thick blade stock and steel back spacer makes my mouth water.

I love the compression lock. It's one of my favorites.

I also like Spyderco's liner locks , frame locks , BBL and back locks too.

?

If you're into multi lock implementation the Sage is your knife. Otherwise changing major features changes the Model. Compression lock is not Native.

You are speaking like you own the company.

If things staying the same and lack of variety are your favorite features, then I suspect Spyderco will continue to frustrate you.

Technically, it's a "Native Shaman". If response is good, then we'll consider the "Native "Chief" as well.

sal

That's stupendous news! I'd love to see the Native move into the 4"+ range.

And the MILITARY! Anything other than everything about the Military is not a Military. Including multi position clip!

Some people on here are just scared silly of change.

That's stupendous news! I'd love to see the Native move into the 4"+ range.

Some people on here are just scared silly of change.
why change something that many people love at almost cult status, a flagship model at that, to please a bunch of people who don't??!! May not bother you, but if someone drilled a bunch of holes in my beloved military id be bummed as hell. Call me or people like me scared, or what you will, but its just how I feel.....

I handled one at Blade and I am very excited for the release. It will easily replace the PM2 for me. Its pretty much my favorite design that Spyderco has ever done.

If you watch the BHQ video I linked above, Eric talks about it being a heavy duty user with thick blade stock and a steel back spacer. I would imagine a heavy duty knife would be a bit heavier than a light weight knife! :D
That is the beautiful thing about knives. There is a knife for all occasions. For me a light weight knife with a 3 - 3.5 inch blade will do 95% of what I need it to do. If I need something more substantial then I am reaching for a fixed blade. I just don't like 5+ ounces as a daily carry.

Back