Sharing impressions on my last babies

Hello!!
Would like to share my new babies, just arrived two days ago:
Volpe, Adventura, Caly3 and ATR.

I liked the Volpe very much, in design, wood inserts, finish, etc.. Liked the Spyder logo effect. etc. Nice italian design and workmanship.
I´m very fond of liner locks, wich I find more suitable for a one hand operation kinfe. (Yes, I accept a back lock may be sturdier, but I prefer liner locks, anyway)
But I don´t find it easy to work with the Volpe´s.
Lacks of some serrations, and the finger slips, and reach is too away to the front for the usual easy operation of this type of lock.
Ok, that´s only my humble point of view.

The ATR (SS black coating) is a Big, very strong no nonsense knife. Its Incredible sharp. Looks and feels like a tank. It will take a little time to get accustomed to a liner lock on the upper part of handle, but, is a liner lock anyway. I like this big knife a lot. And ... Woww! Its really sharp!

Adventura: I liked this knife for its shape and design, and will go to my collection. I still like it in my hands, but there are other Spydercos I like more for using daily.

Caly3. I ordered one after reading a lot of blessings for it in the Forums. Intention is to replace my all time favourite, the Calypso Jr, with black micarta handles I got some years ago (daily carry). I liked the little knife, but I don´t know if will be any better than the old one. I like the feel of G-10 anyway.
Time will tell.

Ok, its time to think in my future additions to my Spyder stable.
Thank you for "listening" these personal thought about my new knives.
Abel

That's a nice pack of knives. I have a Volpe and an Adventura, like them both very much. You're right about the Volpe in that's it's smooth all over, no jimping or anything like it that we're coming to get used to on knives for grip assistance, but I think that's part of its appeal in a way.

As for the ATR, I think you'll like the compression lock for a knife that's made for heavy duty. It's a damn strong lock.

Back