Leather Sharing some Machete sheaths I just finished!

wildmanh

Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker
Howdy friends, it's been a while since I've done much with leather work. Well I started back up recently and just finished 3 machete sheaths. All 3 were made from 8-10oz Brown Saddle Skirting from Wickett & Craig, machine stitched with White thread.Top is for a 12" Ontario, middle is for an 18" Ontario and the bottom sheath is for a 12" Fiddleback.

The Fiddleback sheath design was new to me and requested by the customer. He gave me some ideas and this is my interpretation of it. Showed these pictures on Facebook last night and already have an order for another one. Thinking I'll be making a few more of these in the next few weeks! :D Thanks for looking!

3_machetes_01_resize.jpg

3_machetes_02_resize.jpg

3_machetes_03_resize.jpg

3_machetes_04_resize.jpg

3_machetes_05_resize.jpg

3_machetes_06_resize.jpg

These machete sheathes are top notch!!! Heber made me one 4+ years ago, and it is still going strong, despite countless adventures in the back country. Awesome craftsman & awesome sheathes :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
These machete sheathes are top notch!!! Heber made me one 2+ years ago, and it is still going strong, despite countless adventures in the back country. Awesome craftsman & awesome sheathes :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, glad you're still enjoying the sheath. Would love to see pictures of it, if you get the chance.

Quick pics; the sheath gets pitch blend 1-2 times per year, and the machete gets cleaned with a magic eraser & stropped after use... that’s about it, both are still in near perfect shape, despite 5+ years of use and ownership!

Attachments

• C7FCFF18-881C-4A20-B196-98F593ED68BA.jpeg
    C7FCFF18-881C-4A20-B196-98F593ED68BA.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 8E05779A-418F-4E36-B1E8-92AFEB73500A.jpeg
    8E05779A-418F-4E36-B1E8-92AFEB73500A.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 28
Quick pics; the sheath gets pitch blend 1-2 times per year, and the machete gets cleaned with a magic eraser & stropped after use... that’s about it, both are still in near perfect shape, despite 5+ years of use and ownership!
Cool pictures, thanks! You're right, they still look really good after so much time. :)

....and the machete gets cleaned with a magic eraser & stropped after use...

I have a fiddleback machete in the garage and a box of magic erasers under the sink. Just might have to try that. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Those look fantastic my friend.

Thanks Andy! I Love your Machetes and love making sheaths for them.

Awesome job! They look bomb proof. Also can't go wrong with W&C from my home state of PA :D

Thank you! I worked hard to design and build a good looking, sturdy sheath that's also simple. Love W&C leather. It's good quality stuff and the Skirting finishes so nicely!

Back