Sharp Eye's Woodsman is Done!

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Well, this completes the Woodsman run. Working part time a run like this intermixed with other knives has taken me 1/3 of a year. Now that I'm full time I expect to be able to do it in a month or less. But the original run participants have been patient with me, and I can't express how grateful I am for this patience.

I did this knife in one of my favorite woods. East Indian Rosewood. Which is a deep dark brown hard wood. This one has some crazy wavy grain, and is laid over Hard Maple.

ira64-vi.jpg

ira68-vi.jpg

ira72-vi.jpg

ira75-vi.jpg

I am psyched to make the sheath for this.

I have these new HUGE lanyard tubes that I am going to try and set in this one if Ira wants it that way. I think it would match the huge lanyard tube in the handle well.

If not - screw him - I will just wrap a twist tie around it! That will teach him! ;)

Let me know Ira - you are the customer.

TF

Ira, that damn rosewood is so beautiful in person! The knife really has WOW factor.

I am psyched to make the sheath for this.

I have these new HUGE lanyard tubes that I am going to try and set in this one if Ira wants it that way. I think it would match the huge lanyard tube in the handle well.

If not - screw him - I will just wrap a twist tie around it! That will teach him! ;)

Let me know Ira - you are the customer.

TF

TF,
I'm the customer not the artist.
I leave the design up to you guys.
I haven't seen you or Andy let anything out of your shops that I wouldn't be proud to carry.
Can't wait to see what you come up with TF.

Last edited:
I sure love the look of this knife. I would be more than proud to pull that knife out anywhere, in the company of any knifes.

Your handle treatment with the contrasting wood is some of the best handle work ever. Just something cool factor about it.

Back