Sharpfinger "the getaway"

With my newfound interest in Schrade knives, I've been seeking out any and all to learn about them. Saw a couple on Ebay that maybe someone here can help me with. There seem to be 3 up for auction, all the sharpfinger fixed blade with etching of deer upon the blades. My favorite is 'the getaway', showing a whitetail buck in a speedy retreat. Cool. My questions... Is this a current series of knives? A limited edition from when? Does Shrade come out with a lot of this sort of thing? Thanks, guys....

From time to time, there are small runs such as these. If the one you saw is a standard model with etching on the blade then you may want to do a quick check with Smokey Mountain Knives. They had these for $15 a few catalogs back.

Nakano

Just have to comment on the sharpfinger in general. I think this knife is a real sleeper in the knife world. I have just the plain version (no etching). It would be very hard indeed to find a better value in small versatile fixed blades. Schrade has a good knife in the sharpfinger.

Thanks, Nakano and Richard. Nice to have a place like this to ask my Schrade questions.

Back