Sharpmaker 203 Question

glockman99

RIP Dann, you were a good guy.
I just bought a "used" Spyderco Sharpmaker model 203, from a fellow Forumite for ONLY $10, INCLUDING Priority shipping! (It is pretty much a "gift" at that price, as he says that it is in VERY good condition.).
smile.gif

The question that I have is this: How much different is this "older" model, compared to the "newer" model 204? (I do know that this "older" model is only set-up with one sharpening angle...I think it's about 40 degrees?).

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Dann~
Both the SP 203 and SP 204 are excellent models for all your sharpening needs. The newer model has more to offer. EG: Both 30 degree and 40 degree sharpening angles, 2 stones are used to create the benchstone, a new polymer base with lid, and a 45 minute video that will answer any and all of your sharpening questions (along with an instruction book).
Hope this helps.
Aloha~
Patti

Another couple of Sharpmaker questions:
It has been said that the (newer) model 204 comes with a polymer base with lid. What kind of base does the model 203 have that is "on its' way" to me?

And, does the "old" model 203 also have a
"benchstone" feature like the model 204?

BTW, I have seen one of the new model 204 Sharpmakers, but not the "old" model 203. I bought this one "in the dark", but for a total of $10, what the heck...It's STILL a Spyderco...
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

[This message has been edited by glockman99 (edited 09-12-2000).]

Glockman99

Did you get the instruction book with your 203? The "V" on the top of the base is to sharpen as a bench stone.

Hole in the front for scissors etc...
Hope this helps.

Thank-You for your replys so far.
smile.gif

DAFOX,

I don't know if I get the instuction book with my "used" 203 Sharpmaker, as I haven't received the Sharpmaker from the guy I bought it from, yet. (I forgot to ask him if the instruction book was included...I just "assume" that it is...). It is "in transit", as he mailed it to me Monday, via US Postal Priority Mail.

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Hi Dann,

Got my 203 a couple of months ago and I must say that this is the most endearing knife sharperner I've ever owned!
biggrin.gif
I think you can request for a copy of the 204 video from the SFO, its a good reference for sharpening blades of all sort...

Sam

------------------
have spydies
will travel...

It was said in a past thread that the stones of the 203 and the 204 are of slightly different dimensions. And that one of them would not fit properly in the others base. Either a bit loose or tight depending on which was which.

L8r,
Nakano

*Where are those darn diamomd sleeves??

I received my Sharpmaker 203 today, and it is GREAT!.
smile.gif
. (It is complete.).

This thing REALLY beats the hell out of the Lansky (and Gatco) "systems" that I had been using!.
smile.gif

I sharpened a Cold Steel SRK with this Sharpmaker, and it's so darn sharp that I'm afraid to pick-up this knife again...
biggrin.gif

Sal,
If you are reading this, can you PLEASE let me know how I can obtain one of those instruction video tapes that comes with the Sharpmaker 204?

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Dann,
The instruction video for the 204 Sharpmaker can be purchased from the Spyderco Factory Outlet for $5.95. Phone number is (800)828-1925.
Aloha~
Patti

Go for it dude!
wink.gif

Sam

------------------
have spydies
will travel...

Lokelani,

Thanks for the reply, but I was hopin' that Sal would offer to send me one for FREE, since I'm such a nice guy!.
biggrin.gif

Sal,

BTW, my address is:

Dann Fassnacht
708 North L Street Apt. 2
Aberdeen, WA 98520

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Dan, I'm such a top bloke I'll send you mine all the way from Australia.

Back