Sharpmaker replacement base?

I have a Sharpmaker, actually a predecessor to the Sharpmaker which I bought at a State Fair in the late '70's. It came with "fine" rods only, and the base holds them at only one angle. I've ordered a pair of "medium" rods from spyderco.com, and would like to get the current base that holds the rods at two angles. The bases aren't listed on the Spyderco website; are they available seperately?

Bruce,

You might want to also post this at the Spyderco Forums, or even e-mail Sal directly with your question.:).

Dann -- Sal monitors this forum just as regularly as the company forum. As does Joyce. And many of the same folks. I think he'll get an answer here.

Bugs3x,

Yah, I know that.:). When I posted this, I thought I was in the "Knife Discussion" Forum, thus my need to "edit" my message...Geez...47 years old, and senile already...LOL!!.:D.:D.

Hi Bruce. I try to here as often as I can, but I think problems like this would be handled much more quickly and effectively by contacting Warrantee & Repair at Spyderco. Chasing down which base, whether there are any stil avaible etc., is best handeled by Mike.

I might add that finding parts for a 1978 lotus could be difficult?

The bases and rods were not always the same size with each model change. the current model contains instruction not available on the old models. It might be more prudent to consider a new one?

sal

Back