sheath for my Ban Tang BT4.5

mtnfolk mike

Basic Member
well here is some pics of my finished sheath, for my BT4.5... i kind of rushed on it, so i could have had it done in time to take it to the shop last night, but i didn't end up going..

it came out okay.. it fits the knife good.. it's in there nice and snug..:) it's 8-9 0z. veg. tanned leather wet formed, dyed black(with few blems :() and then finished in beeswax...

let me know what you all think... i took a few WIP pics too...

pattern all cut out..
IMG_9247.jpg

all glued up, holes are punched and ready to be stitched..
IMG_9253.jpg

wet-formed.
IMG_9255.jpg

and the finished product...

IMG_9260.jpg

IMG_9262.jpg

i am loving this knife...
IMG_9263.jpg

till next time..

Mike

Last edited:
Looks great Mike! Now you can proudly carry that knife on your hip. :thumbup:

You should do a few extra for guys that may be interested in a leather sheath for the Bushcraft BT4. Rumor has it that a Choil-Less BT3 with a slightly slimmer handle for a very compact package is in the works.

thanks guys..:thumbup:

You should do a few extra for guys that may be interested in a leather sheath for the Bushcraft BT4. Rumor has it that a Choil-Less BT3 with a slightly slimmer handle for a very compact package is in the works.

Ban-- i'm down to make some extra's, if anyone else wants any, though with this one having an extra 1/2 inch in blade length, it may be a little difficult to have them fit the rest of the BT4's..:eek:

OK< count me in for that compact package!!! "I'll take it" :)

Forgive me as I am new to the beeswax finish, but how did you finish it with beeswax? Do you just rub it in or do you melt it like parafin wax and dip it?

Forgive me as I am new to the beeswax finish, but how did you finish it with beeswax? Do you just rub it in or do you melt it like parafin wax and dip it?

no worries... i do both, but on this one, i melted the wax and rubbed it in..:)

Does that make the leather more "stiff" or solid?
I believe that also makes it more resistant to water, right?

Back