1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Sheath options for the FMV8?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by brainchill, Jun 22, 2018.

1. brainchill

brainchill Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Ok folks, who has a decent ready to sell sheath option for the FMV8? Does anyone have one actually made that they can show off images of?

Thorz113 likes this.
  2. Thorz113

Thorz113

Apr 24, 2014
    +1

Are people thinking of getting kydex or leather? I'm not knowledgeable of what kind of leather sheath construction avoids the wear and tear from a double sided blade...

Will be patiently waiting to see what options are available.

brainchill likes this.
  3. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    Im supposed to be able to pick up my loaner from the post office today, hopefully.

I haven't been this excited about a new project in some time! Will be patterning as soon as I can get it into the shop!

4. Ericz

Ericz

Apr 21, 2016
    i think i want to wait to get a pirtlemade sheath for this one until i have the v14's to realy see how im gonna want them set up.

5. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    I should get one of mine I bought to keep in house (well and I love the design too :) ) today.
    I have quite a few ideas.
    I developed the light up crusader sheath specifically for this one.
    I may make an all leather sheath or two ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Guess open spine option is out with this model...;):rolleyes::p

David Brown and brainchill like this.
  7. brainchill

Mar 20, 2011
    The light up bit doesn't specifically do anything for me but I like the overall design/shape of that one. Maybe for my purpose if the inner layer were just white or phosphorescent so it glows in the dark or something ...

8. brainchill

Mar 20, 2011
    Dwayne, definitely looking forward to see what you come up with. I still love the TGLB sheath that I got from you years ago.

9. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    anything is possible if you are brave enough ;)

White no problem, glow ? maybe :)

10. David Brown

Jun 4, 2001
    could also do a half leather half kydex Mutant :)

[​IMG]

11. Morgo

Morgo

Sep 14, 2013
    I'd be interested in a classic all leather option, little to no markings just nice plain leather :)

12. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    Azula Gun Holsters has an all-leather model listed for sale in the Busse exchange

13. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Yep, I shoulda knocked on wood, USPS says the package is stuck in Dallas till Monday.
    Thats what I get for putting the cart before the horse. :D

14. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Sheath? Pfffft! Just walk around with it in your hand ready for action...

15. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    That's what I'm doing .

Around the house anyway.

MattinLA likes this.
  16. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    We offer our Leather Sheath for the FMV8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Having a symmetrically shaped knife in an assemmetrically shaped sheath would drive my knife/gun OCD off the charts.

TheMtnMan, tom jones, F'lar and 11 others like this.
  18. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Oh man! Just got my loaner in the shop and the creative juices are flowing! I am excited about this blade! The symmetry all over this thing is making me think of all kinds of carving patterns and symmetrical pin lock system like I did for some Gladius sheaths out there! I love this knife!!!

19. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Definitely interested in this!

Please share when you've got a prototype >>> Cause I'm lookin for another leatherman

with retention pin system like my AK:
    [​IMG]

and with distressed finish like on my TGLB:
    [​IMG]

....but in classic black this time! :cool:

I'd be in for multiples and some for my V14's when they ship.

Right now I'm still in "Awaiting Shipment" holding pattern circling the airfield stacked a mile high with the other INFI waiting for the clear to land...but I'm runnin on fumes...HELP ME OUT BOSSMAN!!! :eek::p

Hard Knocks likes this.
  20. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Ah yes! I like where your going with this one.
    Here is the initial pattern, and yes, so far loving the overall look. I'll be doing a few with chevrons top and bottom as well.
    The geometry in the set up of this design is a bit sacred I think. :D