Sheath vs. Clip carry

It seems like an awful lot of Sebenza owners prefer carrying their knives in belt sheaths.
IMHO, the invention of the pocket clip for knife carry was a great advancement in convenience and concealability for knife users. Just curious why so many of you still prefer sheaths?

I use a sheath for the large, because it's so large.

I use the clip on the small, because I bought it to be small.

Hmm....
wink.gif

I just bought a large Sebenza and I'm using the clip. It's replaced my Spyderco Military so I guess I'm used to the large size. BTW I love this knife!

I love carrying a knife with a pocket clip because I don't always wear a belt and the clip seems to make it more convenient. My only problem is that I got an older Sebenza that came without a pocket clip so I am going to get Gary Grayley to make a sheath for it. This way, I can carry the large one in the sheath and the small one on my right front pocket. And I am never without my Umfaan in my left front pocket.

------------------
"For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Heb. 4:12

"Lets meet at my house before the game on Sunday" God

I don't like the clip that came with my 1999 Sebenza. The placement of the clip allows the knife to turn over (rotate) partially while clipped to the pocket. Perhaps the newly redesigned clip works better. I haven't bothered to find out. In the meantime I'm happy carrying my Sebenza (large) in a Benchmade soft pouch on my belt, and it fits perfectly. I also carry an Endura clipped to my front right pocket and a Calypso Jr. in my shirt pocket. With the belt pouch (good strong closure) I think the knife is less prone to loss than with clip carry, and considering the cost of the Sebenza this is a significant factor. If I need a good knife fast, I reach for the Endura. If I need a better knife not quite so fast I reach for the Sebenza.

David Rock

------------------
AKTI Member # A000846
Stop when you get to bone.

Back