Sheepsfoot PSK ?

I like the original PSK I've gotten recently. It's a great blade - thanks, Scott! And then there's the new-style firesteel striker with a sheepsfoot blade. Very useful, but to me, it's gonna be more of a striker than a knife. It'll tuck away nicely in the pack. The blade will be good to shave some fatwood or a magnesium bar. I'm betting it's a little short for broader use.

So, is anybody besides me interested in a PSK (or a PSK Jr.?) with a sheepsfoot blade? I think it'd be very useful. Not a skinner, obviously, but more of an EDC blade for my briefcase. Just thinking out loud at this point. Still need to decide between the full size and the Jr.. As long as we're here - anybody got both and care to comment on the differences? I can see going for the narrower style for detail work - sort of like a scalpel handle. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks, DutchV

I had the same idea a while back.... just never got around to following thru with it and asking Scott to make me one.... :/

Not sure how much I would use it, I tend to have one of my current PSKs around all the time. But I do like the idea a lot.

Sounds like a good idea but the 3/4" width would be better then 1" if it's going to be strickly for cutting. Think of the sheepsfoot blade on a stockman folder. I've got some 3/32" by 3/4" O1 on order that would be perfect for something like this.
Scott

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll take one (3/4" wide, 3/32" O1) with sheepsfoot blade profile.

Let me know about payment. I'm dutchv308 [at] gmail.com

Thanks, DutchV

Back