Sher 18.5" Sirupati Arrived Today

Ankerson

Knife and Computer Geek
Joined
Nov 2, 2002
Messages
21,093
Excellent work by Sher.:D

Usual Sher Convex edge, very sharp.

Fit and finish outstanding.:)

Heavier than the Bura Sirp and 5/8" Longer and thicker spine and the handle is longer.

Bura makes his lines alittle straighter than Sher does, but other than that the quality is the same. Comparing Sher against Bura on the same model here.

I guess I didn't need to say the Sher Sirp was heavier than Bura's though for all of us Sher fans here.:D



WE Already knew that. :D:D
 
For those unaware of the circumstances Kumar was hired at Birghorka and later Sher followed him over. That was about the time a large order of kagas katnes ( like a couple hundred all at once ) came in and being low man on the totem pole Sher got to do the order. All of it. When he finally got to make real khukuris again he for some reason made sure the khukuries he made were a bit extra thick.

Maybe he was afraid if one of his khuks failed they'd give him next Christmas's kagas katnes to do again.
 
I still love that story:D


Rusty---that's a great quote! Definitely one of my all time favorites (as of now, must confess I'd never heard it before:eek: ) :)
 
Ankerson, you sound like you have an 18" siru. already. I sure hope you like this one. It sounds just great. The 18" is the one I dispatched my first snake with.

If you don't already you will fall in love with this one or should. I think the 18" is a lot easier to handle and is quicker that the longer ones. :) :)
 
Likewise, MauiRob, those lyrics you picked for a signature leave me unsettled. I really don't want to go thru that again, do I? But there is still that pull, that call of the coyote - that are as the Metis' call them: "God's Dogs". You too already understand, I'd bet Munk.
 
Originally posted by Pappy
Ankerson, you sound like you have an 18" siru. already. I sure hope you like this one. It sounds just great. The 18" is the one I dispatched my first snake with.

If you don't already you will fall in love with this one or should. I think the 18" is a lot easier to handle and is quicker that the longer ones. :) :)


Yes I have 2 Sirus, both 18", one by Sher and the other by Bura.

Even though they are both 18" Sirus they are very different, seems Sher and Bura don't agree what a Siru is.:D
 
If Bura saw this post he'd say that's because Sher is a kid and doesn't know what he's doing.
 
Originally posted by Bill Martino
If Bura saw this post he'd say that's because Sher is a kid and doesn't know what he's doing.


LOL:D

And he would be wrong.:D
 
Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
He may have room to grow, but he's got a good start to being a master kami.

Keith


I think he is already there. :)
 
It doesn't matter to Bura just how good another kami might be. Bura KNOWS he's the best and never lets anybody forget it. At the present he may well be the only living kami in Nepal with the title, "Royal Kami."

I think John Powell can confirm this. Bura reminds me of fighter pilots I've known in my life. 90% of them KNOW they are the best.
 
Originally posted by Bill Martino

I think John Powell can confirm this. Bura reminds me of fighter pilots I've known in my life. 90% of them KNOW they are the best.


Same story different day...:D


EGO's are big everywhere....:rolleyes:
 
Back
Top