She's tired of my 3 incher..

So....

Hope that got your attention anyway.

:D

The company I work for has a strict 3 inch blade rule. I've been carrying a Leek for about two years now and feel like retiring the old lady and wanna upgrayyyyed to something new.

The Cryo was going to be my new recruit but he just didn't make the list (he could never run for President, if you know what I mean.).

Would you folks have any other suggestions for a 3-inch blade from Kershaw?
I'd like it to be a folder.
Assisted opening is great but not a must.
The simpler the better.
And if my joke up yonder ^^^ didn't get you the first time around, Made in the USA ;)

Tango zing from kershawguy? 3" blade, flipper, USA made. Just got mine and its cool besides the clip

upgrading the Leek is a good idea.

Skyline is a good option too. If you want something nice get the Blade Forum blue one with S30V. 3 1/8" blade... that 3 inch rule is stupid, IMHO

skyline is just a tad over 3 inches, and I can't exactly remember the OD-1 but it is definitely more stout than a leek, Honestly within those restrictions I would say a composite leek or s30v leek is probably the best 3 inch blade that kershaw makes, I have a tanto zing and just got a regular sandvick zing for a friend, the regular one is 3 inches and definitely has an added cool factor with the grooves in the blade. The zing also has a thicker blade with a stouter tip that would be more difficult to break than a leek.

As has been suggested, maybe a different variety of Leek? The CB Leek is one of my favorite EDCs. The Needs Work is also 3", but I found that to be a bit on the bulky side for EDC. Fantastic utility knife, but just a bit awkward to carry. The smaller ones in the onion lines (Chive, Scallion) may be an option. Most of the USA-made knives seem to be over 3" though.

Thomas posted some pics of what look to be damascus Scallion blades on Twitter, so maybe there's a run of those on the horizon... One can only hope.

Thanks for all the replies! These are great suggestions! I'm going to have to look into all the different leek options. I've been carrying a leek for 2 years now and have just been itching to try something a bit different, maybe the Zing is what i'll have to look at.

I really hate the 3 inch rule, i've been trying to get them to upgrade to at least 3.5"

Paramilitary 2 with a 3.07" blade?

Last time I checked that was from a different company;).

I'll put one in for the zing as a non A/O. but if you need A/O, Needs work is a nice little blade. I just got one and was impressed. They also come in a bunch of different colors.

Back