Shhh! Don't tell Sal. I bought a CRKT Kasper. But look!

I saw the Crawford Kasper with Spyderhole on Arizona's website a few weeks ago and thought I would really like to have one. Rather than hacking up my custom Crawford, I went out and bought a CRKT Kasper (hope Sal isn't looking) and cut a big Spyderhole in the blade. I just finished it so I thought I would post some pics of it. I am thinking of putting a different set of handles on it (maybe carbon fiber). It took me about 2 hours to do all this work. I used a die grinder (automotive tool) and some sandpaper (180 grit all the way to 1200). This thing is slick and opens very quickly now. I topped it off by adding a Spyderco pocket clip which I had to slightly modify to fit the CRKT. I really like this knife. I wish Spyderco had gotten up with Crawford before CRKT. Check out these pics:
www.oldtackle.com/images/freeimages/3193025.jpg www.oldtackle.com/images/freeimages/3193026.jpg www.oldtackle.com/images/freeimages/3193027.jpg

And for your information, Sal replied to someones post a while back and they had asked him if they could use the hole in a knife they had. His reply was only if it wasn't for resale. Well fellows, this one is not for sell. Let me know what you think.
michael

------------------
"For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Heb. 4:12

"Lets meet at My house before the game on Sunday" God.

"If Al Gore Wins I am leaving the country"
Said by Me

Very nice indeed...
The way I see it, all folders should have holes in their blades!

------------------
"Though the meek shall inherit the Earth, they won't keep it past Saturday night..."

wow........that looks great

way to go man.....
wink.gif

jonny

Veeeeerrrrrry cool!

I'm thinking about putting a hole in my Sifu when it comes, but we'll see.

Tom

I am working on my mini Kasper CRKT tomorrow. I will post pics of it when I get it done.
michael

------------------
"For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Heb. 4:12

"Lets meet at My house before the game on Sunday" God.

"If Al Gore Wins I am leaving the country"
Said by Me

You 'R the man! Nice Work!
biggrin.gif

Sam

------------------
have spydies
will travel...
AKTI Member #A001148

I liked this idea so much I got me a Kasper and had Jake Evans do the hole for me....

Hope to get it soon - so I can post my impression...

This looks like a winning combination...

Hehehehehehe! Little small, but perfectly formed. Now if only it was made from a real steel like BG-42 or M2 or CPM 440v or...
tongue.gif

W.A.

------------------
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tenneson
Ranger motto

Back