Shipping a knife to Austria

I have had a request to make and ship a knife to Austria. Is there a resource where I can learn the requirements, limits, and costs for this? It was quite difficult and expensive just to ship to Canada.

Unless it is an automatic a butterfly or is made of fruit you should be OK. I just received my skrama with no drama. As an example.

Crap.

Austria.

Sorry no idea.

Try asking these guys in Salzburg: https://www.messermacher.at/shop/login

Email link is at the bottom of the page.

Wolfgang ought to have some ideas.

Viel Gluck!
I have completed the knife, shipped it to the customer, and he has received it. There was no issues, other than the cost. Shipping, with the insurance, was pretty close to $90.00.
Another one that went to Canada, cost a bit more than expected. In both cases it took quite a long time to arrive.

I have completed the knife, shipped it to the customer, and he has received it. There was no issues, other than the cost. Shipping, with the insurance, was pretty close to $90.00.
Another one that went to Canada, cost a bit more than expected. In both cases it took quite a long time to arrive.
Great! Glad it worked out.

I can only talk as a buyer, but I never had any problems with shipping knives from the US to Austria. Normally shipping is about 50 $. The buyer has to pay import fees.
Knife laws in Austria are not very restrictive so it should not be a problem. Unless it is a butterfly or a 'hidden' knife (like a knife in a walking stick for example). If the handle material is out of wood it can be a problem if the wood is on the list of endangeres species.

Last edited:
Back