Shipping legality on knives to Canada

I'm looking at moving to Canada here soon to be with my boyfriend and I have a 9-in black widow boot dagger with a 5 inch blade that was made in the 70s that I want to ship and I don't know if I can. Can y'all help me? Also here's a picture of my dagger.

241973786_3807202642753112_2876745506958143842_n.jpg

I was just told buy a knife dealer in Canada that he could sell and ship me a knife but I couldn’t return it because Canada has set restrictions on folders coming into the country. You better check thoroughly before shipping ….. and then start electing candidates that believe in basic freedoms.

I was just told buy a knife dealer in Canada that he could sell and ship me a knife but I couldn’t return it because Canada has set restrictions on folders coming into the country. You better check thoroughly before shipping ….. and then start electing candidates that believe in basic freedoms.
Exactly what kind of knife and what specific dealer?

Are they legal without a sheath because my mom lost the sheath and the mini dagger that went with this knife in the 90's
Yes that's not important.

Don't send switchblades, balisongs some flippers and any folder you don't need to touch the blade to open.

Yes that's not important.

Don't send switchblades, balisongs some flippers and any folder you don't need to touch the blade to open.
Ok thank you. So a 2" Swiss army how would that okay or because I've read that there's a issue with so really small knives

Ok thank you. So a 2" Swiss army how would that okay or because I've read that there's a issue with so really small knives
A couple municipalities have laws about carrying knives so you should check where you're moving.

A small knife like a SAK isn't an issue. You can even fly with a 6cm blade here.

Shipping will be under CBSA (Customs) and whatever they say goes, so check their site directly for info. For carry, check both your city laws and provincial laws as well, as there can be some odd conflicts (for example, Calgary and I think Edmonton both prohibit concelied carry of knives, but open carry is fine some of the time, which can lead to a fixed blade on your belt being more okay than a SAK in your pocket) also what you look like matters a lot as cops are.... human? In general though, lawful excuse goes a long way. (Self defense, not an excuse as it proves intent.)

Ownership is not really restricted apart from certain types as mentioned, autos, balis, etc.

Back