1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Shipping Update

Discussion in 'DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools' started by RYP, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    Here is where we are. LionSteel will have finally finished all the First Run knives by tomorrow evening. He will have also finished all the skull tools. BUT

I wanted Limited Edition owners to have very cool goodies that you will see on delivery. Two of the vendors have not delivered yet (I am not going to reveal names to protect the guilty). There have been significant weather and air freight problems so I will cut them some slack.

This means we are NOT going to ship the First Run DPx HEST/Folders before Christmas. This is a decision I am making. First to make sure Gianni has the time to inspect every knife, get the entire package together and secondly so that no one gets their knives delivered when businesses are closed etc.

We will be shipping the regular production of DPx HEST/F products next week to dealers and will keep dealers and customers updated directly and via this forum. Keep in mind your dealer has to process and ship your order after he gets his knife.

I am standing by during the holidays to sign and number each of the 250 knives so I don't want to hear any whining. :)

2. lunde

lunde Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2000
    Many thanks for the update!

3. Reeek

Reeek

Aug 16, 2008
    Thanks for the post

4. gundude73

gundude73

Oct 6, 2009
    thanks for the update.

5. burddogg

burddogg

Jul 9, 2008
    Works for me. I appreciate the extra effort and attention to detail.

6. Medic241

Medic241

Jan 2, 2005
    It will be worth the wait I'm sure. Thanks RYP for the update.

7. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    I have some pics from Gianni that I will post. It's like he thinks sending me pics will stop me from getting on a plane to get my Christmas gift :))

8. andy540

andy540

Jun 18, 2010
    Thanks for the update. :thumbup:

9. JUST1MOR

JUST1MOR

Oct 19, 2010
    Mr. Pelton, you are a stand up guy. It's like a client of mine told me back a few too many years ago, "Son, don't tell me what I want to hear, you tell me what I need to know" . . . :)
    Funny how some things at an early age define your way of life as you get older . . . Merry Christmas.
    Be safe.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  10. Fuzillade

Fuzillade

Oct 25, 2009
    Thanks for the update RYP.

Does this mean that the LE blades will ship next week as well?
    Or is that just pending on the other vendors?

11. Todd Murphy

Todd Murphy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2009
    I really appreciate you updating us on the status. Thanks for all of the hard work!

12. FRANKVZ

FRANKVZ

Jan 29, 2006
    Thanks for the update RYP.
    Have a Merry Christmas!

13. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    +1.... Amen .... Merry Christmas!!!

If someone gets pissed about this, may they remember.. the gate to "The Island" swings both ways.

14. lsheldon

lsheldon

Jan 2, 2009
    It's all good RYP. Make sure you take some time for you and your family over the holiday...

Best wishes to you and yours,

Les.

15. Monsieur

Monsieur

Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks RYP, the European customers have waiting anxiously for this thread you just made their Christmas a lot sweeter.

To all guys that are on the list with me watch your inboxes (even spam) on the 23rd ;)

16. DH1

DH1

Nov 8, 2006
    Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

I'm estimating we (those who pre-ordered the standard edition) will have the folders in our hands the second week of January, give or take.

17. Hodaka

Hodaka

Apr 30, 2010
    :thumbup:

18. Gator33324

Gator33324

Aug 26, 2010
    Shit happens! I just admire your huevos to keep us updated.

Delays I can take. BS and smokescreens I cannot.

Thanks!

19. L.J.Tibbs

L.J.Tibbs

Aug 3, 2010
    Cheers for the update!
    I know this knife is going to be worth the wait!

20. Anglewood

Anglewood

Jan 7, 2007
    Thanks for the update and your honesty RYP. I look forward to getting the knife whenever everything is ready.

Lates,

Connor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.