Shirogorov F95 pivot issue/ Lock Stick

Hi all, I'm sure this has been beat to death but I've been trying for days to get the pivot off my shiro but I can't do anything without the pivot spinning. I've tried using a blow drier, putting it in the oven on low heat as well as using boiling water and no matter what I do I can't seem to get the pivot off. Any other thoughts?

For free spinning pivot, you have to somehow secure the female pivot.
Assuming that the thread locker is fully broken, you can try to secure it by pressing rubber onto the pivot screw head while loosening the male pivot screw.
Alternatively, you could glue the female pivot by putting superglue or permanent thread locker.

But unless you are desperate, do not try this and disassemble it.

That loctite trick seems like my only option at this point, my only worry is how difficult it will be to get the female side back out?

It won't be difficult if you apply heat to it.
Just make sure you don't put too much loctite and contaminate the bearings.

Loctite Blue 242 breaks down around 300F, you need to leave the hair dryer on the highest for up to 10min depending on the wattage. To secure the flat female side I use a rubber glove. If it's not breaking loose its not getting hot enough.

Good to know I wasn't aware of the exact temperature, it could just be I haven't been going hot enough.

So Nick Shabazz technique worked! Although I didn't have to use red loctite, just a dab of blue loctite and let it sit for a few hours and boom came out like a charm!

So before I took my knife apart my knife had zero lock stick, now that I have it back together, everything seems solid except now I have really bad lock stick, it's not impossible to open, but it takes noticeably more force and makes a loud click when disengaging, I've tried Sharpie on the tang but that doesn't seem to be helping, any thoughts?

Maybe try tweaking the pivot a bit tighter. If the pivot is still free dropping, tighten it up until it's just shy of free. Try a few flips and then back off a tad on the pivot tightness.

I've had to re lock-tite my pivot a couple of times. There's a sweet spot where when it locks up the Ti makes a more solid noise and you can feel it reverberate in the handle.

Mine's a F-95 nudist full TI.

Possibly could be too tight as well..

Last edited:
Back