Shivworks Clinch Pick

Has anyone had any experience with LE concerning open carry of a Clinch Pick (which by design covers up to a third of the sheath behind the belt)?

Killgar's advice in general on straight blade carry seems best on full display of blade and sheath when LE may not understand the meaning of; 20200. A knife carried in a sheath that is worn openly suspended from the waist of the wearer is not concealed within the meaning of Section 16140, 16340, 17350, or 21310

Or perhaps I am wrong, and the courts would agree with any part of the blade/sheath being covered by the belt as being no longer "openly suspended"

"Openly Suspended" being the key here, as I can find no further reference or break down of that from any source.

Apologies, ment to list location as California

Last edited:
Here's the deal. Laws like that are not written to clear they are meant to be grey. The police have a lot of leeway in how they act.

Now you can ask the Chief and 7 beat cops along with the desk Sgt and a detective and you'll probably get 15 different answers.

If it was me and there was any doubt I would just flip and re-rig the sheath to ride completely outside of my belt.

I agree with Danke42 on re-rigging the sheath :thumbsup:.

Back