1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shop tour

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Wrobelan, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    Hello friends.

I am moving out to Idaho soon for a new job and will be making a trip to the the CRK shop this fall. I’m greatly looking forward to the tour and to see and meet the great folks who construct my favorite knives.

For those of you who have been out that way, can you take a minute to share your experience and insights for the experience, and what were the best moments you got out of it?

Thanks in advance!

Best.

Andrew

batosai117 likes this.
  2. tank sniper

tank sniper

Jan 8, 2018

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    bhyde likes this.
  3. RyanRaben

RyanRaben

Oct 10, 2014
    I did the tour last year. For me the best part was spending some time with the people behind the knives. You can watch the BladeHQ video all day long and see the machines and processes, but being there and the back and forth banter between you and your guide, wether it is Anne or Tim, is not something that you will forget. I am already planning my next trip.

bhyde and 4mer_FMF like this.
  4. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    Thanks TS. I have really enjoyed this video since I started buying CRKs a bit ago. It’s really well done and a testament to their QC.

5. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    That’s great to hear. I was wondering about how accesible everyone would be. I’m really excited to see some of the steps of the process in person and meet the people who make my favorite knives.

Thanks for the insights.

6. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I lived vicariously through @RyanRaben's tour (video on Facebook). It was great and very informative. They are not shy about sharing how they do what they do.

RyanRaben likes this.
  7. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    I have been through there a time or two and @blanco112 is spot on about sharing. They walk you through the plant and explain what is running on the machines as they come to them and explain a little about the process as they go. Well worth the tour, especially with the price of admission.

What part of Idaho are you moving to if I may ask?

blanco112 likes this.
  8. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011

Hey Blanco. Thanks for the answer. I don’t have Facebook, but I’m sure it’s a great video. I look forward to seeing them in person and watching the magic happen. I grew up in my dad’s water plants and have great appreciation for the manufacturing process.

blanco112 likes this.
  9. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    Hey Bill. Thanks for the response. I’m looking forward to the tour. A colleague of mine is doing a conference in Boise, and I’m going to spend a few days there.

I’m moving to Pocatello for a teaching job. It’s beautiful country and am looking forward to it.

bhyde likes this.
  10. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    I’ll be passing through Boise in September and am hoping to drag my wife to the CRK factory. I’m really hoping to have saved enough to pick up something there. She’s been good enough to visit Spyderco with me twice but she does not enjoy it.

RyanRaben likes this.
  11. TC

TC

Dec 8, 1998
    "Meet your Maker" - sounds ominous. Do Rob Zombie and Quentin Tarrantino take turns leading the tour?

12. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    I will be going through Boise in September as well and hope the wife lets me make a pit stop at CRK!