1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Short Chopper

Discussion in 'The Huntsman Knife Company' started by DL Robin, Mar 31, 2019.

1. DL Robin

DL Robin

Dec 1, 2007
    Hunter,
    Hope you are well. I have and love my 12" 52100 machete. Use it for trail clearing, fire prep, and camp chores.
    Sometimes on hikes I want something a bit shorter but still capable to chop if needed. Have you considered making a short bolo or Leuku something in the 7-8" blade length range?
    Thanks

2. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 10, 2010
    Hey,

The shortest chopper I have made is the Fell Beast 10in. I also made a 12 or 10in true grass machete. As for Bolo's I made a 13.5in Bolo machete as well as the 3/16 thick liberator Bolo. I really liked the 13.5in Bolo machete. If I get back to making knives again its a model I'd like to explore.

However, I think 10in blade is about as short as you can go before there is a big drop off in chopping power.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]