Short review of new Mini-Ritter RSK

Received the mini-ritter today and am completely satisfied. What a great job Hogue did with these knives. I cannot find a fault thus far. It is super smooth to open and close. Love the shape and looks of the studs. Wasn't sure about the deep ride clip, but it is just right with enough sticking out for a good purchase. Fires open like a rocket and closes just as well. The lock is very smooth and like all axis style locks, fun to play with. Blade is centered and sharp with no blade play horizontal or vertical. The scales are sturdy G10 with plenty of texture. My only concern might be the term "pants shredder". The texture in the middle of the scales where the clip makes contact is rough. This knife will NOT fall out of your pocket. If it bothers a person they can take some bite off with sandpaper.

Love the blade shape with the high flat grind. Was always a notch above the regular grips. I'm confident that 20CV is a capable steel. The entire knife feels high quality and at $139 is a steel steal!

A few pics along side my favorite EDCs. I have a real like for knives this size.

rittera.jpg

ritterb.jpg

ritterc.jpg

ritterf.jpg

ritterg.jpg

ritterh.jpg

ritteri.jpg

Thanks for the review. I'm a fan of the larger one. The mini is tempting but I'm not sure if it would be large enough for my hand. I have a BM mini grip (non-ritter) and it's just a little too short in the handle. Also for how small of a knife it is it doesn't have the best slicing blade. I need to do some research to see how they compare.

The Bugout was the only thing keeping me tied to Benchmade. The standard Bugout is $130 for $10 more you can have better steel, milled G10, near perfect execution and Hogue is a company that’s easy to get behind. If Hogue keeps producing manual folders at this price point such as this and the Deka I can’t go back.

Thanks for the review! How does it compare/feel to the small Griptilian?

Both the Hogue Mini Ritter and the BM Mini Ritter are top-drawer and among the most useful folders from their respective makers.
Both are excellent slicers. The blade on the Hogue Mini appears visibly somewhat thinner than that of the BM Mini. Does that make the BM stouter and the Hogue slicier? No idea.
All of my BM Mini Ritters have the Kevin Wilkins scales in various colors of G-10, G-11 and Titanium. These are unsurpassed, IMO, and raise the Ritter design to a new level.
The G-10 scales on the Hogue have a wonderful feel and boast terrific ergos. Hogue and Ritter are to be congratulated. You will not need an aftermarket scale with these babies.
The Wilkins scales on my Mini BMs feel slightly more comfortable in hand. YMMV.
The action on the Hogue is as good or better than that of my BM Minis. Engaging and disengaging is smooth, fast and reliable. Well-done, Hogue and Ritter!
The thumbstuds on both Ritters are well-placed. The ends of the studs on the Hogue feel rough compared to those on my Mini BMs. So do the ends of the ABLE lock screws on the Hogue.
The beautiful stonewashing on the BM Ritter is replicated on the Hogue.
The Wilkins-Ritters are a cherished part of my collection.
The Hogue Mini Ritter is a home run. I can't think of a better folding knife at the price currently on the market.

Blade Thickness: 0.094 in. - Ritter
Blade Thickness: 0.10 in. - Mini Grip

Not too much difference, but the higher grind on the Ritter combined with a thinner blade makes it a decent slicer.
It's not gonna make paper thin apple slices as that is a task for my Swayback Jack!

Nice review RetiredGuns RetiredGuns

I'd echo your sentiments on both its praises and the bit of pocket shredding where the clip meets the textured scale.

I just ordered some blacked out hardware from Hogue that's intended for the Deka. I wanna change out the silver scale screws on my black mini, and Hogue uses T8 torx on both models. So fingers crossed the hardware switch will work.

Nice review RetiredGuns RetiredGuns

I'd echo your sentiments on both its praises and the bit of pocket shredding where the clip meets the textured scale.

I just ordered some blacked out hardware from Hogue that's intended for the Deka. I wanna change out the silver scale screws on my black mini, and Hogue uses T8 torx on both models. So fingers crossed the hardware switch will work.

Oh Man, I wish I could trade my black screws, studs and clip for silver. I am into more of a subdued look.

Back