Should I Start Training Now...

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
... for the stampede to the Busse table at Blade '06 ?

Could anyone recommend any particular exercises, martial arts techniques, and or ninja stealth strategies?

Guyon said:
... for the stampede to the Busse table at Blade '06 ?

Could anyone recommend any particular exercises, martial arts techniques, and or ninja stealth strategies?

You'll just die tired. :D You can't beat the Uber hogs man, I know, I have tried and failed. Save you cash and stay home. You can live vicariously through the pics all those Uber hogs post of the mayhem.

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
I see. It's going to take diversionary tactics.

Do Uber Hogs like babes in bikinis?

The hard core ones will not be phased by that sort of distraction. You'll have to ply them with copious amounts of alcohol on Thursday night and try and break something off in the lock of their hotel room. Problem is, some of them have such a high tolerance to alcohol, you'll spend all your knife money on booze so it won't make a difference if you beat them there or not. It is a vicious cycle man.

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
Here are some tips, play dumb, don't let anyone know who you are and you may get lucky snagging some of the slop when an unsuspecting "HOG" hands it to you to look at. ;)

They also set them down sometimes not realizing who is around ;)

Good luck and I can't wait to meet you. I'm the guy that is about 6'6" 300 lbs with a full beard, kinda look like Grizzly Adams

:D:D

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
Going to be tougher than I thought. This is going to require holographic images of rare INFI.

I'll get cracking on the tech end. Could someone give me recon on layout of the convention floor?

Eric Isaacson said:
Here are some tips, play dumb, don't let anyone know who you are and you may get lucky snagging some of the slop when an unsuspecting "HOG" hands it to you to look at. ;)

They also set them down sometimes not realizing who is around ;)

Good luck and I can't wait to meet you. I'm the guy that is about 6'6" 300 lbs with a full beard, kinda look like Grizzly Adams

So that was you. I am a little shorter and a little lighter with a beard and bald head. I wear glasses and answer to Mike. I'll see you guys there. :D

Guyon what you need is someone working with you. Post a pic of yourself and try to solicit a cohort to help block the Uber hogs while you guys take turns going in for the kill, but the pic is a must.

JK Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Use the "stealth mode". Don`t wear your Busse shirt, or carry a bag of knives with you, and - repeat after me - "NEVER set a knife down that you are interested in! (you never know who may be standing next to you) ;)

John

Stomper said:
Use the "stealth mode". Don`t wear your Busse shirt, or carry a bag of knives with you, and - repeat after me - "NEVER set a knife down that you are interested in! (you never know who may be standing next to you) ;)

John

Ahh, words from the master. :D

I have a different plan. Since I live almost next door, I plan on sneaking in at least a week before, climb into the rafters, hide and wait. Thursday night after everyone has left for The Pit, that's when I'll go to work. Don't worry Jerry, I'll pay for what I grab.

The uber hogs will never miss what they didn't know was there. Too bad that I didn't follow this plan last year. I could have snagged the Chuckchette. :grumpy:

That's the great thing about being a new guy at the trough. Nobody knows what I look like and I'm bringing lots of $.
Had a Mean Street and a Basic 3 for a long time. I think it's time to expand the collection. :D

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
PoorGuy said:
, climb into the rafters, hide and wait.

I could have snagged the Chuckchette. :grumpy:

This may have caused a tragedy of epic proportions, climbing back into the rafters with the Chuckchette may have brought the place down. :eek: :eek:

Cobalt

Gold Member
Cobalt will be there fully armed and ready for battle:

battleshipfiring.jpg

idahoskunk

Gold Member
3 years ago 1whoporks rappelled down from the ceiling right into the middle of the display table and got all the good stuff.:thumbdn:

the following year i had my wife put me in a breakaway body cast and wheelchair, she wheeled me right to the front of the line, past security and straight to the trough O infi, i scored major slop:thumbup:

last year porkerson stuck one of the major customs in the tibia of a customer and later retrieved it from the doctors at Atlanta Memorial Hospital (very original).:cool:

i have one ready for 06 that should be very fool proof. it involves a Chinook Chopper with a huge electr...:foot:

never-mind, i have web page work to do.

Progunner said:
So that was you. I am a little shorter and a little lighter with a beard and bald head. I wear glasses and answer to Mike. I'll see you guys there. :D

So that was YOU???:cool:

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
Progunner said:
Guyon what you need is someone working with you. Post a pic of yourself and try to solicit a cohort to help block the Uber hogs while you guys take turns going in for the kill, but the pic is a must.
Okay, here I am. Be on the lookout for this guy... (ahem) ...I mean, for me, and clear some space! If you spot me wearing ninja attire (of course you won't, but just in case I'm momentarily distracted by INFI and have to break cover), the secret word is "Porkerson." Without the secret word, I'll be forced to render you unconscious.

hering-admin-761870.jpg

:D

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
idahoskunk said:
3 years ago 1whoporks rappelled down from the ceiling right into the middle of the display table and got all the good stuff.:thumbdn:

the following year i had my wife put me in a breakaway body cast and wheelchair, she wheeled me right to the front of the line, past security and straight to the trough O infi, i scored major slop:thumbup:

last year porkerson stuck one of the major customs in the tibia of a customer and later retrieved it from the doctors at Atlanta Memorial Hospital (very original).:cool:

i have one ready for 06 that should be very fool proof. it involves a Chinook Chopper with a huge electr...:foot:

All nice ideas.

Please ignore the sounds of picks, shovels, and grinders beneath your feet at this year's Blade. It's nothing really. And when the Busse display suddenly sinks into the floor, it's all part of the promotional fireworks for this year's show.

Yeah, that's it. Just part of the Busse plan. Please do not follow the INFI into the gaping hole.

OMG. That is a serious case of "way-back machine" there. Even down to the 5.25" floppy drives and dot matrix printer.

Rick

Eric Isaacson said:

You must have really let yourself go since Knob Creek... :D

rbmcmjr said:
OMG. That is a serious case of "way-back machine" there. Even down to the 5.25" floppy drives and dot matrix printer.

Rick

:confused: At Radio Shack the guy who sold it to me said it was the latest stuff!