Shoutout to USA and Hinderer

tony281sc2

Gold Member
just received my first Hinderer model, a 3.5" Eklipse Tanto, in an awesome shade of orange G-10. I cant describe how much I love this knife. If ZTs are Overbuilt then Hinderers are made for the apocalypse lol....seriously though, best knife ive ever owned, and with that's goin on in the world right now, I cant believe how quick the shipping was. don't think ill buy a quality knife from anyone else again, thank you USA made blades for everything. next up, maybe a 3.0 xm18 tanto.

ps...anyone know of a good place to get that Hinderer-specific tool to change/clean the bearings?

I do have the Hinderer tool and personally, instead of getting one of this, I do suggest to get a set of Wiha screwdrivers if you do have it(something like 75992), it could service so many different brands of knives, including Hinderer(in fact, I think their crew use Wiha for assembly in the shop too) but at roughly half the price. The main pivot could be loosen with a large flathead, and if you are worried about scratching anything, you could electric tape the flathead before placing it on the pivot.

I highly suggest Wiha as well.

Upon recently receiving my second Hinderer (Jurassic) and a micarta scale I was surprised to find out about the tool/hardware issue when I went to swap the scale. After researching here, I found the general consensus was that the tool was not worth it and instead it made more sense to pick up a spanner bit. Impatient as I am, I wanted to swap the scale immediately, so reading further I found some other options. The end of the lever bar from fingernail clippers, which comes off easily, fits the span perfectly and worked like a charm. It may seem odd, but it got me up and running without a wait.

Glad you like your Hinderer purchase. Recently got my first and love it too! I'd also like to know some alternatives to the Hinderer armorer's tool. Did a scale and hardware swap, and it was a bear to get the pivot loose due to how little torque you can get with the thing and I assume due to some locktite from the factory.

What, no tactical pennies :p

I just notch a penny w/a dremel, cheap and works great. I have a few in my kit.

Glad you like your Hinderer purchase. Recently got my first and love it too! I'd also like to know some alternatives to the Hinderer armorer's tool. Did a scale and hardware swap, and it was a bear to get the pivot loose due to how little torque you can get with the thing and I assume due to some locktite from the factory.

This is what I use these days; never fails:

i-9Q8rFZn-X3.jpg

Guys, what type and size bit do I need to screw in the lock bar screw?
Mine had fallen out and I just got it in the mail today from Hinderer. I sure would appreciate the info

Back