Show me the nastiest you own

My Reese Weiland custom knife is coming in soon - a year in the making. I'll post pics of it in here when it arrives, because it will DEFINITELY constitute the baddest folder I own.

I got (IIRC) 7 projects sitting in RW's garage for the last 2-3 years. Reese is almost finished with a SS handle auto Hawk that is from a 12 pc run of the last MT size auto Hawks he will make. Mine is different from the pic. Mine will have a black rayskin inlay on the button side and a MT pocket clip in the standard MT spot.

1303102502.jpg

Golden Eagle. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to scare every mother****** in the room, accept no substitute.

IMG_0069-1.jpg

Aahh Dectia. . . .
You cant trump us all with something like that and not explain yourself. :eek:
From the way your holding the legs, i take it he/she's alive and this isn't a taxedermy project.
Please tell us how it is that you have access to a pet golden eagle. Is this even legal? Tell us as much as you can without incriminating yourself.:confused:

In case any of you Napoleon Dynomite types out there are thinking. . . NO this is not a chicken, they dont have talons!:p

I got (IIRC) 7 projects sitting in RW's garage for the last 2-3 years. Reese is almost finished with a SS handle auto Hawk that is from a 12 pc run of the last MT size auto Hawks he will make. Mine is different from the pic. Mine will have a black rayskin inlay on the button side and a MT pocket clip in the standard MT spot.

1303102502.jpg

That's righteous, CM. What are the other projects?

Vintage Buck 110 in 440c getting restored

DDR (TNK exclusive) HD Maxx recurve tanto having new pocket clip holes drilled

Emerson Super Raven B getting Strider style framelock conversion

Emerson Super Raven B handle getting RW custom damascus blade

Ontario/Hossom Retribution 1&2 getting black G10 slabs and tip up clips

RW Custom damascus snap in collar knife for biker jacket

... all I can think of now

it's a coin toss between these 2.

handmade bowie with a solid bronze handle and the sharpest edge i've seen since my grandfather's hand stropped straight razors.
100_0295-1.jpg

the xl g10 espada from cold steel. this thing gets a hell of a reaction even from "knife people", it scares the poop out of non-knife people. lol
1011112022.jpg

Aahh Dectia. . . .
You cant trump us all with something like that and not explain yourself. :eek:
From the way your holding the legs, i take it he/she's alive and this isn't a taxedermy project.
Please tell us how it is that you have access to a pet golden eagle. Is this even legal? Tell us as much as you can without incriminating yourself.:confused:

In case any of you Napoleon Dynomite types out there are thinking. . . NO this is not a chicken, they dont have talons!:p

Nostimos,

I occasionally have the privilege of helping out with raptor banding projects out here in W. MT. After capture we band and measure physical characteristics of the birds before releasing them. Osprey and golden eagles donate a little blood and a few small feathers for heavy metals analysis and DNA testing.

This bird weighed 4100g- about 9 pounds, and the largest talon measured 67mm if I recall correctly- over 2.5 inches. It was released without incident to continue on it's southern migration.

That picture was taken yesterday (yes, those are my hands) and I had just pulled it off my camera when I ran across this thread. I thought it was a good fit. :)

dectia

Color me envious. Here in Colorado, we don't have a lot of Bald Eagles, but we have tons of Golden Eagles. They're maybe even more beautiful. Many are the times I've been hiking in the mountains and they've been my companion, circling high above me. That's a big part of what living in the West is all about.

Here's one I do own, I'm quite proud since I am the only person in the world who has a knife quite like this:

P1160086Medium.jpg

P1160069Medium.jpg

Some of my custom work on a CRKT M16.

That clip-point is reeeeally sharp and gives nasty cuts.

facepalm_picard21.jpg

Izzat a M1000 blockbuster?

This is my "nastiest" knife:

DCFC0258.jpg

Pakistan steel, bent blade, bent liners...doesn't get much nastier than that.

I think I'll go throw it in the river...:barf:

Pic #1- Shanks from a broken pair of pruning shears.

Pic #2- Double edged Kris machete (dremel and file)
Pana- Filipino pocket bow and arrow
Dulo-Dulo pocket stick carved of Carabao horn
Lead filled Sap

Attachments

• Weapons 001.jpg
    Weapons 001.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 387
  • Weapons 004.jpg
    Weapons 004.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 445
Dectia, thanks for the response you're a lucky guy to be that close to nature out there.
At a Marriot hotel near where I live, they had to hire a cherry picker to remove a hawks nest off the side. It was straight above the front entrance and that bastard brought home pigeons for the chicks all the time and they devoured them. Unfortunately, the bones and feathers ended up below and the hotel felt it may drive away business.:D
Samael, I've been to Colorado, its beautiful. I think bald eagles are seen in more coastal areas. IIRC they're more fish eaters and love hanging around cannaries since they're so oppurtunistic. (I think it was a youtube vid in alaska)
Golden eagles on the other hand, are known to swipe goats from the side of a cliff and carry them off till they find a perfect spot for a dead fall. Then glide down after it to the delicious prepared meal. check it out, there's a vid of that too on the tube.

Golden eagles: Honey badgers with wings!:p

Pic #1- Shanks from a broken pair of pruning shears.

Pic #2- Double edged Kris machete (dremel and file)
Pana- Filipino pocket bow and arrow
Dulo-Dulo pocket stick carved of Carabao horn
Lead filled Sap

That pana sure brings back memories. That was my concealed carry back in the days. :D

Back