Show me the nastiest you own

Looks a lot like a Bendhmade Bedlam with a frame lock

Good eye!

The design originally began with an Emerson Persian. I spliced in a Cold Steel Talwar in order to merge the strong upsweep of the Persian with the broad blade of the Talwar. I also took cues from the handle of the Cold Steel Scimitar.

Later, when I encountered the Bedlam, I scrapped the old handle (which looked more like a Talwar) and took the finger groove positioning of the Bedlam instead. However, the finger grooves didn't quite match up with the original blade, so I had to modify it by pushing everything back and adding a scallop to the finger choil. Because I wanted an offset pillar construction, I had to put in a flat backspacer and move it farther to the back. To keep the handle's utility as a blunt impact weapon, I squared the butt and added jimping to the top rear side of the handle.

Here are some more comparison pics of the Saif next to some other frame locks you may be familiar with: a Benchmade Subrosa and a Zero Tolerance 0551

Mx06k.jpg

4MoZo.jpg

As you can see, the Saif even makes the 0551 look like a sissy lock...and I love the 0551.

I'll probably send the Saif back to Reese for a few final adjustments. But I freakin' love this thing. I might just sell off the rest of my collection, buy a second one of these, and have that be the end of it. :eek: :D

Damn! How much does that monster weigh?

Damn! How much does that monster weigh?

In its current state it comes in at approximately 9 ounces. I'm going to have Reese skeletonize it to shave some more weight off of it. Given that the 1/2" scales are both solid titanium, that should shave another 2 to 3 ounces off the final weight. Not bad for a 4" folder of solid metal with a frame lock as fat as it has. I'm stoked.

Agh! I don't want to hjijack this thread. C'mon guys, let's see more of your nasty blades.

Strictly a defensive tactical blade, my favorite and nastiest one...

DSC01258.jpg

Ron Kosokowski has some wicked stuff made. I've been keeping up with TFW offerings on Myspace and now Facebook since 2007.

These are about the "nastiest" I own

Serrated push dagger

RMj Eagle Talon

The BHK Batwing, it's small but it's fierce :eek:

And an AU Lion knuckle duster

This vid will show a couple nasties I'm working on. I'm really proud of the punch dagger Nternal should be receiving in hopefully 3 weeks.

[video=youtube;CiEwX5opm90]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiEwX5opm90[/video]

well if category is nasty and sick.......i'd hate to get hit with this thing, its almost too heavy for one hand
IMG01428-20111105-0929.jpg

You sick puppy.... that sheath is missing it's clit... uh, I mean clip... yeah...

Back